Bad Idea buggy

AaronPaige

I'm going to try and get a model number today so I can get more stats and and better idea what all is involved but a 2001 case 580 has the first one I seen and it looks like the same axle in a 545 ford tractor from the late 80s... Ever seen a tractor junk yard?

AaronPaige

Nope climbed under the tractor not the same couldn't tell for sure, to much grease but think I could make out a dana Clark symbol, but still a cool axle narrow and tough if that's all I can get or the price was right they would be worth trying In my mind...

AaronPaige

Well it's been about a year since I started thinking planetary buggy, and I finally made room in the garage to start the next toy... I have been wheeling the big buggy and every time I get in a really fun place I start worrying "what if I brake in there how and who comes in after me" so it's time to make another...
image.jpgimage.jpg
Here are the new to me planetary axles both steering, 17.44:1 ratio and big... Make my rockwells look like tooth picks... Wish me luck...
Oh ya now I'm shopping a ls engine, and th400/205 combo let me know what you have

Last edited:

AaronPaige

They came from a 30 plus ton tellitram type fork lift it had about a fifty in tire and a 5.9 cummins so I'm hoping that they will hold everything I can throw at them... I'll get more picks as I tear them down

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
They came from a 30 plus ton tellitram type fork lift it had about a fifty in tire and a 5.9 cummins so I'm hoping that they will hold everything I can throw at them... I'll get more picks as I tear them down

Holy crap. That's just insane. Definitely more pics required.

Lifelong Jeeper

How wide are they?
Also, my brother/nephew have a 700r4 with Kevlar clutch packs, reverse valve body and b&m shifter. Brand new on the rebuild. Spent $1500 on it but are going in a different direction and are selling it for around $1000. Interested?

AaronPaige

How wide are they?
Also, my brother/nephew have a 700r4 with Kevlar clutch packs, reverse valve body and b&m shifter. Brand new on the rebuild. Spent $1500 on it but are going in a different direction and are selling it for around $1000. Interested?

Thanks but no I'm stuck on the simplicity of the 400 and 205 with twin sticks, but they are 84 ish over all width and huge I'm loving them except the weight I'm thinking 900 lbs plus each

AaronPaige

Not quite... planning on a smaller two seat at most, bomb prof buggy, everything un sprung will be light and small, over all width should stay around 86 in and about 106 wheel base, keep running 54 claws. With such low gears I shouldn't need a doubler, just lots of rpm's, so I'm reading up on what ls and what mods will be best for that... I still have the blown 3.8 option but, thinking to get up the water falls that I'm hopping to get up a high reving front/mid engine v8 will be more fun...

old buggy is right at 100 in wide and 121 for wheel base 70 in tall... It packs 22 gal of fuel, two yellow tops, 20lb co2 tank,a welder, and on and on so I'll lighten up the rear of it ( about done) by replacing fuel cell, smaller trans cooler, drop one battery and removing the suck down winch to make room for a better cooler and tools for the new buggy... Then she should be ready to come save me when I go to far.

here is a few more pics of the new axles

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
R

rockdog

Hmm, my son has a front engine two seat buggy frame hanging in my barn. I'd really like to see it go to a new hanging place.

ace

Parts Collector
My ex has an np205 with a 400 adapter sitting in her carport. She'd like to sell it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mombobuggy

A friend of mine runs about the same setup you are planning on. His buggy has an 8.1 litre G.M. with a T.H. 400 2 wheel drive style. With an N.p. 200 divorced. Five ton Rockwells with 20 ton Planetaires. 66 inch terra tires. Top speed in high range is about 40 M.P.H. You may have seen it on Utube attempting to climb the bounty hill at Disney Oklahoma. Loaded with people.MONSTER TRUCK TAKES ON DISNEY BOUNTY HILL - YouTube

► 1:09► 1:09

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs...‎

YouTube

Mar 23, 2013 - Uploaded by BustedKnuckleVideo
... This 5 ton Clad monster truck takes a run at the DisneyBounty Hill during the 2013 Big Meats Run in ..

Last edited:

AaronPaige

I watched that a while back, looks like a great toy but way bigger than what I want... I'm really going to try to stay under 4k pounds and I know the 54 claw tire only is 208lbs each, so some major changes may come as the build progresses but for now I'm still shooting for smaller, lighter, and stronger than what I have