"Balancing" big nasty swampas

harkinoff

something to do...
H1's recentered, I got them from USA 6x6 several years ago. They can say what they want about his work. My wheels have been great. If anyone was going to break them, it would of been me... OOps! Pvc inserts :)

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
H1's recentered, I got them from USA 6x6 several years ago. They can say what they want about his work. My wheels have been great. If anyone was going to break them, it would of been me...

Are you running the PVC beadlock, the magnesium bead lock or ???? I'm wondering if my PVC beadlock is a little off center, causing HEAVY spots on one side.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
OOpps! two piece PVC inserts... Is yours a one piece? If they are, do they set tight on the wheel?

They are one piece. They do sit fairly tight, but have just enough slop (maybe 1/8"-1/4") to potentially cause a problem? They might not be 'centered' and if so, I bet I NEVER get them 'roadworthy' and might explain why Dean (CJ66Dean) went away from them and is using a steel one now.

I think the easiest thing to do will be to put them on a balancer and see how much they're off and decide accordingly.