ballastic fab and their shipping

schaeferNsons

Dirt Hedz Offroad Club
i like Ballistic stuff but the shipping sucks the first two orders i placed with them it was quick and right then i ordered a dana 44 high steer arm and it took three weeks to get a dana 60 king pin high steer arm for the drivers side not the passenger side then it took two weeks to get the return slip to ship it back to them, then it took two weeks to get my dana 44 arm, and then they charged me 20 dollars more the what it was on there web site. The same week i ordered my dana 44 arm we ordered 8 ballistic shocks and we haven't seen them yet that was almost 9 weeks ago. i will never order from them again.

Last edited:

brandonlmb

brandonlmb
ya i am done with them. they do have nice stuff but alot of other company's do too, and they would like repeat customers.... this was just a ***** of mine thanks for all the feed back guys oya and gal SEAN

_Auzzy_

Web Wheeling Extraordinaire
i had the same problem last time i order my old highsteer arms, hippie at midstate just ordered a set i think from ballistic but not sure, if so hey hope it goes good cause hes had issues with shipping as well with yall dave.

reddman

Fabber
Ballistic is lame. I refuse to do business with companies who's strategy is merely to copy original parts from innovative companies (like Summit Machine, Blue Torch, etc.), and try to undercut the real innovators in our sport. It especially bothers me when they don't even bother trying to hide the blatant copying. Balltastic and TrashGear, blah.

They will never see any of my, or my customer's, money.

brandonlmb

brandonlmb
so again i still yet to see my shirt from ballistic! NO email or phone call its the last thing i ever buy from them. It may seem lame to complain about it but i have spent a good amount of money with them, and every time the shipment was way latter then told. If they cant get a stupid shirt to me on a timely fashion how do they get their parts on time to anyone else. So everyone be aware of them! They have good stuff but suck at getting it to you.

Chevycrew

Ballistic is lame. I refuse to do business with companies who's strategy is merely to copy original parts from innovative companies (like Summit Machine, Blue Torch, etc.), and try to undercut the real innovators in our sport. It especially bothers me when they don't even bother trying to hide the blatant copying. Balltastic and TrashGear, blah.

They will never see any of my, or my customer's, money.

I used to feel that way, but thats the way the world works. Everyone is copying someone else. Bottom line is who has the best product for the best price. Ever bought a product that wasnt an original? I know everyone in here has bought a generic something, at some point in time.

reddman

Fabber
I used to feel that way, but thats the way the world works. Everyone is copying someone else. Bottom line is who has the best product for the best price. Ever bought a product that wasnt an original? I know everyone in here has bought a generic something, at some point in time.

Put a roof over your head by creating innovative off road products and you may suddenly feel differently.

Most off road products don't have enough sales volume to maintain profitability after paying for a patent. So most parts are released without being patented, and legally, anyone can steal the design, tweak down the quality, and undercut the original producer. Since rock crawlers are a frugal bunch, these copycat companies tend to flourish, while the actual innovators suffer. This does not produce a healthy business environment, as it tends to drive the truly creative out of the sport, and slows innovation in the long term. Makes me a sad panda. :(

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Hear, hear!! Well put, Redd.

Personally, I'd pay more for the originators to a pretty high point, for the ethical satisfaction alone.

Put a roof over your head by creating innovative off road products and you may suddenly feel differently.

Most off road products don't have enough sales volume to maintain profitability after paying for a patent. So most parts are released without being patented, and legally, anyone can steal the design, tweak down the quality, and undercut the original producer. Since rock crawlers are a frugal bunch, these copycat companies tend to flourish, while the actual innovators suffer. This does not produce a healthy business environment, as it tends to drive the truly creative out of the sport, and slows innovation in the long term. Makes me a sad panda. :(

brandonlmb

brandonlmb
ok i have had a few emails from dave a ballistic i do beleave he his trying to striaghten out what was left in his hands. again i like their products and hope the rough edges that they have had will smooth out. i hope i can continue to work with these guys. he has expressesd to me if you are having problems tyo contact him and try to work out what ever problem that your having.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
i ordered a few parts from them last friday (six days ago) and the stuff hasn't even shipped yet... at the same time i ordered some stuff from diy4x.com and same thing, it hasn't shipped :(

so i ordered from polyperformance today at noon and just got an email (only 4 hours later) from them and a separate one from ups saying my part has shipped and i'll receive it monday :D

so who do you think is getting all of my business in the future???

i must say i like ballistic fab's products and prices but i will pay more somewhere else to get it in a timely manner. i wanted to try them out just to see from myself and i was hoping for a good experience but yeah...

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Couldn't have said it better, Redd!!

It's one thing to make a product LIKE someone elses - after all, every bumper on the market is alike in some manner. It's a completely other thing to have one in hand while you produce the drawings from it.

hardline90

Real rigs are built!
First of all, I also really like Ballistic's parts and do not like to bad mouth any company, but this have gone on way to long. On July 28th I placed an order of over $650 for joint and mounts. I received the mounts and tabs only after I called them three weeks later, but the Joints and bushings I am still waiting for. I have called them once a week for the last 4 weeks and was told each time they are just waiting on one item to come back from plating and should be shipped by the end of the week. When I asked to refund my money so I could go elsewhere, I was told they would see what they could do. After being on the phone with them today, I now am going to get the bushings and one joint and they agreed to refund my money of the other two joints. I hate to do it, but I have to find another place to buy parts. I guess I will check a few of the other companies mentioned.