Band of Brothers 2

CJ Matt

Thread on Pirate. I am going to need HBO next year when this comes out! If you have not seen Band of Brothers find the time somehow and watch it. It is easily the most amazing series I have ever watched. The interviews with soldiers being portrayed by the actors add to the power of the show. In a time when the word hero seems to be thrown around too easily you can see what true heroes are made of. That generation is dying at a very fast rate and these stories should never be forgotten.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=350352&highlight=band+brothers

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
eeeeek! can't wait!

its like god farther 2 fallowing the god farther.(even tho i never seen ether of those) :p but still, its got some big shoes to fill, cus the first band of brothers was amazing.

turns out my GFs grand father served in WWII and knew some guys that where in the EZ squad.

the next time i go to cali, he's going to show me his medals,m1,1911a1,and stuff he brought back from germany. ill post some pics of it all.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
I was a teenager growing up during WWII and lived thru some of the stories with my Father (45), Uncles, and Cousins that served and it became the main reason I joined the Navy during the Korean (undeclared) War. Of all the books and movies I believe BOB (Europe) and Flags of Our Fathers (Pacific-Iwo Jima) were the best for telling it like it is.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I was a teenager growing up during WWII and lived thru some of the stories with my Father (45), Uncles, and Cousins that served and it became the main reason I joined the Navy during the Korean (undeclared) War. Of all the books and movies I believe BOB (Europe) and Flags of Our Fathers (Pacific-Iwo Jima) were the best for telling it like it is.

I'd add With the Old Breed by Sledge to that for the Pacific, Pyle's The Story of G.I. Joe for North Africa and his Brave Men for Europe.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
The Story of G.I. Joe is really one if the most interesting accounts of the war I've ever read. Pyle's portrail of our troops is just remarkable.
For a macro view of the war, Churchill's The Second World War is a must read for any serious student of the subject.

CJ Matt

I knew this would happen! I am about to move and rather then start watching the beginning or catching it in the middle I will have to wait.