• Side-Jobs Forum Rules:
    • No requests related to 4x4, offroad, or any services already provided by vendors who support RME and make this site possible. If you are seeking these types of services, please post in a General 4x4 or another approriate forum.
    • No requests related to morally questionable or illegal activities
    • Any requests here may be removed at any time at the discretion of the moderators

Basement finishing

Caleb

I'm getting quotes to get my basement finished. If anyone here does any part of it (framing, drywall, hvac, electrical, plumbing, etc) or all of it and would like to give me a bid on what you can do, let me know. Obviously, you can't really bid certain parts with out other parts being done (unless you're doing it all :D) so I'll be in touch if you need other parts done before you can bid your piece. Thanks

Caleb

Awesome, just so I'm clear, finish carpentry is pretty much all woodwork but framing, right? (baseboards, trims, crown molding, etc) I'll be sure to hit you up when we're at a point that it would make sense for you to come out. Also, do you do hardwood floor installs? I'm wanting to replace my carpet on my main floor and while I've done hardwood installs before, I'd love to pay someone to come in a do it.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
yup. install doors, trim, shelving, window sills. i have done wood floors before but im not very efficient at it. probably be better to get someone with more flooring knowledge and experience than me for that

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
One comment here.
If you can afford it, put a separate furnace for the basement. no a/c needed.
We always have to do the little dance with the registers each season change to get the heat balanced.

Caleb

One comment here.
If you can afford it, put a separate furnace for the basement. no a/c needed.
We always have to do the little dance with the registers each season change to get the heat balanced.

Yeah, we do that anyways because right now we only have one for our two current floors...annoying! Good idea to take care of that now for the basement.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Also, run gas to anywhere you might possible need it. The prev. owners of my house didn't so I'm stuck with electric cooking and dryer. I'd love a line to the garage for a heater also.

Caleb

Also, run gas to anywhere you might possible need it. The prev. owners of my house didn't so I'm stuck with electric cooking and dryer. I'd love a line to the garage for a heater also.

Yeah, I was planning to stub it up behind the oven. Wash room is on the second floor, so I wasn't going to worry about it...although when I was building my house I had the builder run 2.5" conduit from my basement to my attic so I could add stuff like that (or fiber optics was my real intention) to my second floor in the future if I so decided.

rholbrook

Don't forget the balcony or patio for your barbecue. I love my natural gas barbecue. I also have a gas line run to my garage for a unit heater.