Bead Locks and Safety inspection

redrockrover

I have a set of bead-locks on my D-90 and I am having a very hard time passing safety inspection. I have not had it on the street or registered it in 4 years or so. Back in the day I had no trouble getting it passed with the bead-locks. I guess the I/M shops have gotten smarter and now know what a bead-lock is. I was able to take it to almost any place and have it passed, just because I guess they did not know what bead-locks were.

So now I have a dilemma, I can not get it to pass and I do not want to purchase new wheels and tires. It will pass everything but the bead-locks. Does anyone know of a shop that will look the other way on the bead-locks. I know even if you know a shop you will be reluctant to post it on a form so feel free to PM me or call me at 801-232-9569.

Any other advice on what I can do to get it passed safety instead of purchasing new wheels and tires? I am on a very limited budget right now.

Russ

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Borrow some wheels from a friend, don't put a safety inspectors job in jeopardy, especially by asking for his name/business to be posted online. The only place that beadlocks are in writing as prohibited is in the Safety Inspection manual. So swap wheels for the afternoon and you'll most likely never hear another word about it. Good luck!

redrockrover

Thanks for the advice. I guess I need to explain it better. My rover has a funny bolt patter of 5x6.5. I don't think anyone has that bolt pattern. If anyone has that bolt pattern and will let me borrow some wheels I would be greatly appreciated.

I would never want to put anyone's job at risk!! That is why in my post I said I know people would be reluctant to divulge the shops info on the board and I gave my # to call and to PM me. Trust me I would never want anyone to loose there job or have there job placed in jeopardy on my behalf.

Thanks again for the advice. If anyone has 4 5x6.5 rover D-90 wheels with tires that they will let me borrow it would be greatly appreciated.

Russ

redrockrover

Thanks Bart,

I had a blast driving it today; I just want to do it legally. It has been too long and I need to get it out wheeling. I understand you sold your commando, it that right? What are you wheeling now, or what project do you have now?

Russ

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Hey Russ, do you know Michael Slade? He lives out in South Jordan and has a couple of Rovers, he might have something you could borrow. I'll PM you his digits. Give him a ring :D

redrockrover

Kurt,

Thanks for the digits. Thanks for all the help. I think I will be able to get it registered tomorrow. I will follow up and let everyone know the outcome. Thanks again.

Russ