Bead locks.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Rockstomper DIY's.

http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=2151

attachment.php

Welded to a 8x15" wheel, making the final width measurement of the wheel 9.25x15"

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Champion aluminum 8x17. They Rockstomper DIYs are awesome if you don't want to spend a fortune. If you've got a fortune to spend though, the premium brand beadlocks are much higher quality and much easier to mount.

leorn

reset
Just got my stauns pieced together. 17" on stock tacoma rims. They just look like stock tacoma rims. also got the valve stems relocated so they won't be a problem.

btw stauns are about $400 a set (4) if there are any left, then you can keep your current rims if you want. check pirate vendor section. They are coming out with a new model so the old ones are getting cleared out.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Just got my stauns pieced together. 17" on stock tacoma rims. They just look like stock tacoma rims. also got the valve stems relocated so they won't be a problem.

btw stauns are about $400 a set (4) if there are any left, then you can keep your current rims if you want. check pirate vendor section. They are coming out with a new model so the old ones are getting cleared out.

$400 a set? That's pretty good compared to the older prices, they were 2x that much! Got a link to who you bought them from?

Bart

Trailready! Walker Evans aren't bad either. I prefer the weight of an aluminum wheel and I don't like to scrimp when it comes to safety.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
Question for you all:

Why did you choose the size of rim you're running? In my pea of a brain, it would seem that a 10" wide rim instead of 8" would be more stable and less prone to folding over, and a 17" tall rim wouldn't let the tire... how would you say... wrinkle(?) compared to a 15" rim since there was less sidewall to allow the wrinkle. Is there any reason you chose the size you did?

Thanks-

Devin

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I like 16's because they clear the brakes, I have plenty of spare steelies, and the tires I want are available in 16". Nice compromise between sidewall flex and sidewall stiffness in a 36-40 as well.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I chose 15's because they were cheaper, they clear my brakes, tires were cheaper. Next when I switch to 8 lug they will be 17's because thats the only rim the tire I want fits

leorn

reset
staun links

$400 a set? That's pretty good compared to the older prices, they were 2x that much! Got a link to who you bought them from?

Pig thread http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=520505
steve at square wheels http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517511

I got mine with steve. He is a vendor that only sells stauns, and started because he wanted a set himself cheap. Returned my call during the sema show. Great to work with.

I think you should know Polyperformance.

Either way your good!

Bart

Question for you all:

Why did you choose the size of rim you're running? In my pea of a brain, it would seem that a 10" wide rim instead of 8" would be more stable and less prone to folding over, and a 17" tall rim wouldn't let the tire... how would you say... wrinkle(?) compared to a 15" rim since there was less sidewall to allow the wrinkle. Is there any reason you chose the size you did?

Thanks-

Devin

You have to remember a beadlock is only locked on the outside of the tire, thus, you are less prone to lose an inside bead with an 8 inch wheel than with a 10 inch.

If you're running a 35" tire, a 15" wheel is fine. If you run a 37" tire or bigger a 17" wheel is perfect.