BeeR

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
The answer to that is YES>

now, are any of those people on this board? Who can say. My neighbor used to brew beer... and I used to help ensure product quality for several friends in college. :D

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
My room mate used to get really into it, but he hasn't for quite a bit. He made soem bitchen brews though.

Cody

yakinaked

I've made my own. It all started when I was 19. I was having a bit of insomnia and started flipping through TV channels at about 2AM when an infomercial caught my attention. It was for "The Beer Machine" and it looked like quite possibly one of the most useful products sold on TV to date. The only problem was that I was only 19 at the time, and I didn't know if you had to be 21 or if they'd even check. The possiblity of rejection was a risk I was willing to make so I dialed up the ol' 1-800 number and asked timidly for "The Beer Machine". Sure enough, before long I had a confirmation number and a new charge on my Visa - the 6 week wait time would prove to be almost un-bearable.

The day I came home from work and saw a brown box on my doorstep - the UPS label glimmering brilliantly in the sun - was one that would go down in my personal history as the day I "stuck it to the man" or at least to the UDABC. Here I was, a mere 19 years old and I could make my own beer - the PhotoShopped Illinois drivers license would see some rest soon. The machine was more sophisticated than the 5 gallon buckets I'd seen home brews fermenting in previously. This had a tap and a CO2 cartridge to keep it fresh.

So how was the beer you ask? Well I didn't have a lot of experience yet in the tasting dept., so after a couple weeks of fermentation I decided to take it to a party that a friend was throwing. He was an old high school buddy and played for the Snow College football team. He had several of his new team mates there and they all seemed very willing to give it a shot. The results were pretty unanimous - "Shelton, this is worst sh!t I've ever had!" - but they couldn't help themselves and continued drinking it until "The Beer Machine" was a mere plastic shell with a few wheat particulates sloshing around the bottom. So was the beer good? Absolutely not. Did it get some people drunk - indeed. Will I make sure to not leave any soap residue in future batches? I hope so - for God sake, I hope so.

Attachments

• Beer Machine.jpg
    Beer Machine.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 19

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
Amy said:
Does anyone brew their own beer? Just wondering. :p
I do.

I just bottled 5 gallons of Oatmeal Stout on Saturday.

I also keg my own beer in Pepsi ball lock soda kegs. I have about 15 gallons kegged and about 10 gallons bottled.

I only brew ales at this time and either get my supplies from The Beer Nut in SLC or Austin Homebrew Supply online.

Actually I just put in the fridge a 12oz bottle of an Arogant Bastard clone I'm going to try tonight. Should be tasty.

Dan.

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
I've made my own. It all started when I was 19. I was having a bit of insomnia and started flipping through TV channels at about 2AM when an infomercial caught my attention. It was for "The Beer Machine" and it looked like quite possibly one of the most useful products sold on TV to date. The only problem was that I was only 19 at the time, and I didn't know if you had to be 21 or if they'd even check. The possiblity of rejection was a risk I was willing to make so I dialed up the ol' 1-800 number and asked timidly for "The Beer Machine". Sure enough, before long I had a confirmation number and a new charge on my Visa - the 6 week wait time would prove to be almost un-bearable.

The day I came home from work and saw a brown box on my doorstep - the UPS label glimmering brilliantly in the sun - was one that would go down in my personal history as the day I "stuck it to the man" or at least to the UDABC. Here I was, a mere 19 years old and I could make my own beer - the PhotoShopped Illinois drivers license would see some rest soon. The machine was more sophisticated than the 5 gallon buckets I'd seen home brews fermenting in previously. This had a tap and a CO2 cartridge to keep it fresh.

So how was the beer you ask? Well I didn't have a lot of experience yet in the tasting dept., so after a couple weeks of fermentation I decided to take it to a party that a friend was throwing. He was an old high school buddy and played for the Snow College football team. He had several of his new team mates there and they all seemed very willing to give it a shot. The results were pretty unanimous - "Shelton, this is worst sh!t I've ever had!" - but they couldn't help themselves and continued drinking it until "The Beer Machine" was a mere plastic shell with a few wheat particulates sloshing around the bottom. So was the beer good? Absolutely not. Did it get some people drunk - indeed. Will I make sure to not leave any soap residue in future batches? I hope so - for God sake, I hope so.

holy cow that is hilarious!:rofl:

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
I have for 15 years, 10 years using all grain (no extract). It turns out just as good or better than almost anything from commercial microbreweries.

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
I do.

I just bottled 5 gallons of Oatmeal Stout on Saturday.

I also keg my own beer in Pepsi ball lock soda kegs. I have about 15 gallons kegged and about 10 gallons bottled.

I only brew ales at this time and either get my supplies from The Beer Nut in SLC or Austin Homebrew Supply online.

Actually I just put in the fridge a 12oz bottle of an Arogant Bastard clone I'm going to try tonight. Should be tasty.

Dan.

When are you going to share some of that goodness in a bottle??:D

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
No, I cant stand to look at my face anymore sober.....LOL.:rofl:

Caulen came out the right end, right???????

HAHAHAHAH I'm cracking myself up imagining a horrible Twilight Zone episode. All mothers have horrible broken jaws and can't speak properly afterwards... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::ugh:

oooohhhhhhhhhhh it's just me laughing though, isn't it? :sick:

i'm sure your face is still perty, even sober. :D

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Caulen came out the right end, right???????

HAHAHAHAH I'm cracking myself up imagining a horrible Twilight Zone episode. All mothers have horrible broken jaws and can't speak properly afterwards... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::ugh:

oooohhhhhhhhhhh it's just me laughing though, isn't it? :sick:

i'm sure your face is still perty, even sober. :D

:rofl::rofl: