Before Easter Projects

TELFORD

its a work in progress
Anybody else got last minute projects to do before Easter? I have a Transfer
case swap, rear driveline, fuel cell, and a few trailer issues. 2 weeks left and counting

TELFORD

its a work in progress
this stupid desk is in the way! It will be done, I am not worried about it yet, guess I am the only one under the gun. :D

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Need to build cross member and put in neew transfer case and tranny. put in fuel cell, get engine running, put in new radiator, seats, finish cage and some misc. And I am going the first weekend of safari. yikes.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I only need to (roughly in order): Build a floor and mounts for said floor, buy and cut body skins, and weld on a bunch of mounting tabs for them, finish the front end of my chassis (still one or two tubes to bend up), route my coolant hoses (radiator is behind my seats and the coolant will go through tube for most of the way), mount limiting straps, completely strip the rig down to the bare chassis and do all the welding (everything is tacked together now), paint the chassis skins and hood (the hood is going to take a bit of body work, too), install gears and lockers, reinstall the drivetrain and suspension and axles and fuel cell and radiato and seats and everything, figure out my ram assist (this one prolly should go up there a ways), do all the wiring, including gauges and switches and whatnot, run fuel lines, build and install driveshafts, build a new beadlock, um, prolly a bunch more stuff.

:ugh: :-\

James K

NO, I'm always like this
RockMonkey said:
I only need to (roughly in order): Build a floor and mounts for said floor, buy and cut body skins, and weld on a bunch of mounting tabs for them, finish the front end of my chassis (still one or two tubes to bend up), route my coolant hoses (radiator is behind my seats and the coolant will go through tube for most of the way), mount limiting straps, completely strip the rig down to the bare chassis and do all the welding (everything is tacked together now), paint the chassis skins and hood (the hood is going to take a bit of body work, too), install gears and lockers, reinstall the drivetrain and suspension and axles and fuel cell and radiato and seats and everything, figure out my ram assist (this one prolly should go up there a ways), do all the wiring, including gauges and switches and whatnot, run fuel lines, build and install driveshafts, build a new beadlock, um, prolly a bunch more stuff.

you ought to have that done by monday..............right? :D :rofl:

mesha

By endurance we conquer
dang it You reminded me of a lot of things I had forgotten about. Thanks...sort of.

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Arg.... I'm kindof glad this happened to me now. Somehow, TPS broke at the connector, so got one from the junkyard, I hope its good, but right now I'm having a lot of issues with it. Ajusting and whatnot. Also I went up farmington canyon and blew a heater hose, finally got that all fixed so now all I have to do is get my motor running again...

tv_larsen

Reassemble the engine with the new timing chain (hope no valves are bent), finish boxing frame at the steering box, build new rear bumper, and maybe build some rocker slides. :rofl:

RamToy

Wickha Wickha Wa
Ya i got one...

I need to get an axle under there sometime before then. :ugh:

IMG_0048.JPG

DevinB

I like traffic lights
mesha said:
Need to build cross member and put in neew transfer case and tranny. put in fuel cell, get engine running, put in new radiator, seats, finish cage and some misc. And I am going the first weekend of safari. yikes.

Better hurry! Someone's going to break in our group, and my odds of not breaking are better if you're there to do the breaking. I got my OBA finished up the other day, so you can borrow my air tools if/when you need them. :D
Devin

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
RockMonkey said:

:eek: :eek: :eek: For Safari????

BURB-STYLE

WhiTe tRash whEEling
Gotta get the gas tank back in, make new straps. fab up new shock tower, weld it, mount it, make shock tabs for 14ff. Put in new greasable bushings (all the way around) mount leaf's and 14ff back under suburban not in back of dakota (im always messing that part up) replace broken front axle shaft, replace every u joint. go junkyard a driveline unless anybody has one that will fit a stock np208 to 14ff off of a 1983 burb???????????? install HD shackles up front and 1" add a leaves to move the axle forward. finish installing cut out flares. get it insured and registered. unno we still got plenty of time lets all not do nothing the next week so that we can pull some overnighters before heading down. All in the name of EJS.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
BURB-STYLE said:
Gotta get the gas tank back in, make new straps. fab up new shock tower, weld it, mount it, make shock tabs for 14ff. Put in new greasable bushings (all the way around) mount leaf's and 14ff back under suburban not in back of dakota (im always messing that part up) replace broken front axle shaft, replace every u joint. go junkyard a driveline unless anybody has one that will fit a stock np208 to 14ff off of a 1983 burb???????????? install HD shackles up front and 1" add a leaves to move the axle forward. finish installing cut out flares. get it insured and registered. unno we still got plenty of time lets all not do nothing the next week so that we can pull some overnighters before heading down. All in the name of EJS.

I have a driveline (241 to 10 bolt--you'd need a conversion joint) that could work......I'm in Woods Cross and plan to be in the garage all day tomorrow :D