Behind the B 12-01-12

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Me and another buddy decided to go drive up around the B today, once we got up there we decided to go around back where the ATV's and bikes usually drive around at. We hung out up there for a bit and met a couple of guys in XJ's and we decided to group up and drive up around the back towards the gate. Something to note was that one of the XJ's had a RME sticker on the passenger window, but he's not a member, I dont know if one of the guys on here sold their XJ recently, but that was the one there todya.

It was a pretty fun day, the two XJ's and myself made it up around the back without issue but my buddy Bryan in his XJ was backing up halfway up the hill and got a bit too close to the ledge and had to get pulled out for fear of going over the ledge :greg:

8235698191_b3253d428c_c.jpg

8235698827_33afbd2b03_c.jpg

8235699251_54c8608e96_c.jpg

After pulling him out we continued on up around the back towards the gate, it was my first time driving around the back end of the B and it was alot different than I imagined it to be.

8236766430_c3f41cb1d8_c.jpg

8235700771_ef2ffcfa81_c.jpg

When we arrived at the gate we saw that it was open and the guys in their XJ's wanted to do some snow wheeling so we made our way up to the snow area, where we found a 4 door JK stuck in the snow, there wasnt anyone else up there so if we hadnt made it up, who knows how long those poor guys would've been there for. They had a Reaper Crew sticker on the side of the hood, not sure if anyone knows who they are.

8236767578_f7315af7cf_c.jpg

8236767950_31d82e1550_c.jpg

8236768526_4c1e90568c_c.jpg

After helping them get unstuck we continued on up the mountain, but the guys in the XJ's had to leave and I didnt wanna continue playing in the snow in a 2 man group so we decided to head back down and hang out for a little while longer. I told the guys I met today to come over to the site so maybe we'll see some new faces soon :D

8236769294_927e34e9c7_c.jpg

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Thanks for the compliments :)

But yeah, I'll send you a pm with info. I am wanting to go up there again this weekend actually, but I work til 2:30 Saturday so I haven't decided if I wanna go sat after work or Sunday or Monday.

sixstringsteve

good man directing them over here to RME. Great report, I'm glad you were able to get out and explore. I've gotta explore this area sometime just so I have a mental picture of what it's like. How far does the trail in the snow go? Does it drop into another city?

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
:rofl:

We didn't make it all the way into ward canyon on this trip. We only got as far as the second gate that goes down into ward canyon and turned back. I'm not sure what the snow situation is past the second gate. But yeah, this weekend is definitely a possibility again.