Bender Questions

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
I just lagged my wall into my concrete floor. I used a standard masonry bit and drilled the four holes I needed. I got the sleeve that I had and it had to be tapped into the hole cuz there built just a hair undersize. I dropped the sleve so it just barely went under the top of the concrete. Don't over crank either. You can break the anchor. I've lagged down machinary, but it would walk like an out of ballance dryer, not a car pullin sideways :) BTW go 5/8 anchors. Bigger is better. spent the extra 5$ at the depot. :)

Caleb

go to www.homedepot.com go to harware and then to masonry and concrete anchors and then to drop-ins...I am using the 1/2" ones of those...I was stupid and bought a stand through JD2...it only uses two bolts to anchor it down...here is a pic of their stand...

Last edited:

Caleb

also I you haven't already assembled the bender then let me recommend this...go to their site and print a clear picture of the bender...no that is your instructions...cause the instructions they provide to assemble the damn thing suck...if you have already put it together then you know what I am talking about...PM me a price on the 2" die...I am deffinitely interested:D

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Greg if you are ever up Salt Lake way I've got a 5 gallon bucket full of 1/2" concrete anchors you can take as many as you need.

EZ

BronkoRob

do what supergper said! the instructions really do suck. the instructions were good enough for me to put some of it together with missing pieces, and i didnt even know i was missing pieces until the UPS guy gave me another package 3 days later.

i scuffed tubing once. make sure the follower is in right side up. i wasnt paying attention and put it in upside down and the tapered end was in the back. the straight edge just peeled back a good size chunk off the tubing. ive got WD-40 on everything too, so that might help too.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Greg, What die did you get?

I'm looking at the 1 3/4 but not sure on the 5.5, 6.5, or 7.5.

Input?

What about shipping charges?

Thanks,

Caleb

Shawn I would suggest getting the 5.5...thats the exact one I went with...everyone I talked with on POR suggested getting the smallest CLR one you can...it makes for a cleaner and tighter fit...

Caleb

I will see if I can find my invoice and tell you what I paid...If you go through these guysM-Tech then they have listed $31 for shipping on the die alone...do you already have the bender or are you getting that too???

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Originally posted by supergper
I will see if I can find my invoice and tell you what I paid...If you go through these guysM-Tech then they have listed $31 for shipping on the die alone...do you already have the bender or are you getting that too???

WOW, their price for the bender is $105.00 more than the JD 2 site....

OCNORB

Supporting Member
Hey greg - if you need a handle for it I've got one you can have- only used it once before I found a ram for the bender.

Caleb

hey I hear ya...I'm waiting on my first bonus check before I can go much farther with my project...money sucks:p BTW I would suggest getting the bender without the degree ring...I got it and dont think I will use it...I was told before I purchased my bender not to get it and just use a nice protractor but I didn;t listen and I paid more:(

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I'd like to take a look at yours before I buy. I'm thinking of comming over Saturday, do you have any plans?

Caleb

nope I dont have any plans...just the Jeep hopefully...their site is higher but if you ask them about it they will give it to you for the price JD2 sells them for...I got mine direct from JD2 though...but I ordered my stand from M-tech and got it a lot quicker...when I called m-tech they said the bender and anything else for that matter would ship the next day...jd2 told me 2-3 weeks before it shipped and it was actually about 5-6 weeks...

Caleb

yep thats what I thought...but it was about 3 weeks before christmas (was my christmas present from my wife:D) and I know a lot of guys ordered one about the same time so I think they got flooded...the end cost was a little cheap and thats why I decided to wait...

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Originally posted by supergper
hey I hear ya...I'm waiting on my first bonus check before I can go much farther with my project...money sucks:p BTW I would suggest getting the bender without the degree ring...I got it and dont think I will use it...I was told before I purchased my bender not to get it and just use a nice protractor but I didn;t listen and I paid more:(
I second that. I bought the degree ring and have never used it. Make yourself an agnle-o-meter and you will never use the degree ring.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
This bender just keeps getting cheeper and cheeper. :D

Anything else I need to know?

I figure I can make my own base, so I just need the bender (w/o the degree) and a die.
Site say's "without a handle" do you just make your own?

Thanks,