Best degreaser to run in a pressure washer?

mighty midjet

I have a little Craftsman brand 2700 psi pressure washer I picked up a few summers ago. I've always been disappointed in how little it does against old caked on grease. Doesn't matter what nozzle I use and I can't run hot water through it. It does have a reservoir for detergent. Was wondering what you all have ran through yours that you have really liked?

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
simply green works incredibly well for removing the oily film that's left after bulk degreasing. If the water can blast everything off the surface simple green as an additive will below your mind.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
You'll have better luck presoaking the greasy areas with degreaser rather than applying it with the washer. Let it sit 15-20 minutes before hitting it with the pressure.

Last edited:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Spray on some oven cleaner beforehand, like coreshot said. It works great and is pretty cheap.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
I don't run any through my pressure washer but I have some Purple Power mixed up in one of those garder type sprayers. I think it is a 1-gallon size. Spray it on, let it soak for a few minutes and then pressure wash it off. Seems to work well.

Mike.

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
Yeah be careful with oven cleaner... sodium hydroxide is extremely caustic, it'll quickly etch the surface of lots of things.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Yeah be careful with oven cleaner... sodium hydroxide is extremely caustic, it'll quickly etch the surface of lots of things.

Same with Super Power degreaser, sodium hydroxide based as well.... we use it at work to remove grease from the tracks that gets on our trucks, but it'll chew up aluminum and make it look like crap.