best junk yards

RockRoach

where do you guys go when you need a used part? Transwest at the point of the mountain is a joke, imo... Kurt's in American fork is pretty good, i go to Duane's on geneva road sometimes...

what do you all think?

shmoesmith

transwest usually has the part you want...problem with them is that none of their employees speak english and it takes you 45 minutes to explain which part you want once you are in the junk yard with them...its nice that they pull the part for you, but IMHO they are usually overcharging for the part..they wanted $40 for the spare tire carrier for my 86 sammy which I think was ridiculous. anyway, I'm thinking next time I need a part I will go to pick-n-pull

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
All Japanese is good for owners of real off- road vehicles!:D , they usually have a great selection, and more often than not they let you wander around the yard.

mowlasley

For XJs, I like Anderson Wrecking between Springville and Spanish Fork. Good selection of Cherocars, they leave you alone in the yard to peruse, and you can haggle prices.

TigerStripe40

Arrogant Bastard
Originally posted by shmoesmith
transwest usually has the part you want...problem with them is that none of their employees speak english and it takes you 45 minutes to explain which part you want once you are in the junk yard with them...its nice that they pull the part for you, but IMHO they are usually overcharging for the part..they wanted $40 for the spare tire carrier for my 86 sammy which I think was ridiculous. anyway, I'm thinking next time I need a part I will go to pick-n-pull

Well, Pick-n-Pull is still pretty ridiculous. None of their employees speak english very well. They won't pull the part for you, though... I was a little ticked off by them when I did my PS conversion, though. I bought a Power Steering pump, which they charged me $26 for, THEN they charged me $12 for the bracket I took, THEN they charged me for the BROKEN ps pressue line (which I gave back to them). On top of that, they charged me $15 for CORE fees.. FAWKING CORE FEES for JUNKYARD parts.

RockRoach

Originally posted by SRN
All Japanese is good for owners of real off- road vehicles!:D , they usually have a great selection, and more often than not they let you wander around the yard.

Is all japanese in west jordan still in business?? i called their phone and it was disconnected, then i tried their website and it was gone :confused:

spiderman

Amish dude
All I have to say is that south bountiful sucks. They have treated me like crap, rarely have my parts, and they sell stuff that is held for me out from under me! The only reason I will every go there again is because they are real close to me. All-japanese has been really good to me. All truck is supposed to have lots of stuff, and LKQ in lehi does a good job.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
i have always liked u-pull it because they are nice and they let me use a wheelbarrow for free once. and pick and pull is usually cool, but the sources are not what they used to be. alltrucks is cool too. i went to sommers a couple times and once on a sunday the guy wouldn't let me go into the yard cause he doesn't let people in on sundays, i was like "hey you are the one losing the business" and i walked out.
yards are cool though... i love looking for stuff.
-nate

Caleb

Originally posted by xj_punk
i have always liked u-pull it because they are nice and they let me use a wheelbarrow for free once. and pick and pull is usually cool, but the sources are not what they used to be. alltrucks is cool too. i went to sommers a couple times and once on a sunday the guy wouldn't let me go into the yard cause he doesn't let people in on sundays, i was like "hey you are the one losing the business" and i walked out.
yards are cool though... i love looking for stuff.
-nate

u-pull-it is now call Tear-A-Part (gay, I know) and they always have free wheelbarrows:D...it was cool that they loaded my 14 bolt into the back of my truck for me with a fork lift...oh yeah and they are only $1 to get in no instead of $2 like pick-n-pull...When I was at u-pull-it yesterday I couldn't believe it, they had three powerstrokes (minus enigines) but the rest of the trucks were there...(pre 97 250s no D60s:D)

I use Duane's on geneva but still use a junkard in colorado called "jeeps unlimited". They have about everything for jeeps pricing is resonable and they are way into swapping in stuff so they usually have some good insight. Every time i'm in colorado I stop by and pick up random stuff I break.
Also Boot hill in colorado has great stuff and the guys that run it are way into wheeling they have a part look up the internet witch is cool. They are the guys from carnagecrew.com you should check them out.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by mowlasley
For XJs, I like Anderson Wrecking between Springville and Spanish Fork. Good selection of Cherocars, they leave you alone in the yard to peruse, and you can haggle prices.

Now that's good to know......:D

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Originally posted by TigerStripe40

Well, Pick-n-Pull is still pretty ridiculous. None of their employees speak english very well. They won't pull the part for you, though... I was a little ticked off by them when I did my PS conversion, though. I bought a Power Steering pump, which they charged me $26 for, THEN they charged me $12 for the bracket I took, THEN they charged me for the BROKEN ps pressue line (which I gave back to them). On top of that, they charged me $15 for CORE fees.. FAWKING CORE FEES for JUNKYARD parts.

Damn I paid $100 bucks for the whole P/S setup and my IFS steering box