Best option for olde boy scouts?

LJTim

Tomorrow night we are taking some of the 14-15 year old scouts in our neighborhood wheeling. We were leaning towards Little Moab since it is somewhat close, and I have been there before. I have also been wanting to go to 5-mile pass for quite some time. Maybe even the Bountiful B. Never been to either of the latter. Since we only have the evening, I wondered if people had opinions of what might be the most fun for the boys. From what I have heard of 5-mile, the stuff to see is somewhat sporadic and the boys might get bored between spots. But I also don't want them to get too bored at LM either.

Any thoughts? We will be traveling from Herriman/Riverton. Our rigs are set up pretty decent. Mine is the least built which is a lifted Cherokee with 32" mudders.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I haven't been up the B, but it'd probably be the most scenic of those three options.

Have you considered American Fork Canyon? I was thinking Mary Ellen Gulch specifically - the trail is not a road and will certainly get the boys attention, but at the same time is mellow enough that an inexperienced driver in a stock rig can negotiate it easily. At the top is plenty of mining history for the boys to check out, and the scenery is unsurpassed. I was just up there for the first time last weekend, and I'll be back for sure... http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?92462-Mary-Ellen-Gulch-8-18

sixstringsteve

X2 on American fork canyon. Forest lake and Mary Ellen's gulch are both fantastic trails. Its also fun to explore around silver lake flats.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Another option is up Israel Canyon to to the top of Lake Mountain. You can hit the top in about an hour and you get a great view of Utah County and into Salt lake county.

LJTim

AF sounds like fun. Another place I have never been. Looks like there are TONS of trails up there. Would love to find some pretty technical stuff to get the boys clinching their seat belts a bit. Plus the possibility of jumping in a lake is also a nice option.

sixstringsteve

you won't like Forest Lake for swimming, it's more of a swamp/mud hole. But it is a fun trail. Mineral Basin (also up AF Canyon) has some pretty technical stuff if that's what you're looking for. I"d recommend going with someone who knows the trail.