Best Out of the Box Wheeler...(bang for the buck)

Bones

D90 cuz they're cool as fawk!

Otherwise I'd go with a Rubicon since I have never had a Jeep and had 5 or 6 Toyota's (even though a SC'ed Taco would be fun)

MacsFamily

My wifes '94 L/C FJ80 does well. Factory F/R lockers and stuff, but too expensive to repair......There for, she uses it to tear the sh*t out of any know curb between our home and the kids schools...... :rofl:

RWH

Let's Roll For Justice
The Rubi Hands Down.
For an Old School Rig i'd take a Scout 2 XLC. They don't build em tougher then that. (speaking strictly about MPPV's & SUV's)

NW-sickboy

if it didnt have to brand new i would go for a 95 to 97 land cruiser ....factoy lockers....coils.....solid and strong axles....but i guess it doiesnt count...oh well....get a tacoma.......

danielt

I would say the best out of the box 4 wheeler is made in Russia.
UAZ-2966 or UAZ-3172 , they come with coil spring, deep water fording,2 lockers,portal axles, choice of diesel or gas engines (diesel is made by toyota)etc, etc. But they are not available in the US.

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
danielt said:
I would say the best out of the box 4 wheeler is made in Russia.
UAZ-2966 or UAZ-3172 , they come with coil spring, deep water fording,2 lockers,portal axles, choice of diesel or gas engines (diesel is made by toyota)etc, etc. But they are not available in the US.

Not to be rude, but, everyone is kinda straying off topic...

Go and re-read post number one, stay inside the classifications.

Under 50k, Bought on U.S. Soil, Have to be able to get a 2004 model, etc etc...

danielt

tweakeyjeep said:
Not to be rude, but, everyone is kinda straying off topic...

Go and re-read post number one, stay inside the classifications.

Under 50k, Bought on U.S. Soil, Have to be able to get a 2004 model, etc etc...

Sorry.
I wanted to show that there are more 4x4 vehicles out there, that why I posted the UAZ.
But you can get the UAZ as a 2004 mod and they are about 40k under 50k.
But not available in the US.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
danielt said:
Sorry.
I wanted to show that there are more 4x4 vehicles out there, that why I posted the UAZ.
But you can get the UAZ as a 2004 mod and they are about 40k under 50k.
But not available in the US.

don't mind tweaky :rolleyes: .....

WildYoats

I will concur with the Toyota. For everyday usage, the ride wont jar your fillings out. You cannot beat the reliability of a Toyota. You cannot beat the resale value of a Toyota. At 100K miles, the Toyota is just broken in, for others, it just about expired (my opinion only).

If you shoot for the 4-door, it's a tad more practical for a family. And, like the others have said, dealer installed Supercharger and other TRD goodies to boot.

And last, though I have not confirmed this, I would only assume the safety ratings are better on the Taco than the Jeep.

And last, I know of a cool Toyota club you could become a member of ;)

I wonder if Toyota will bring back the land cruiser fj40 they have been talking about?
2003_toyota_fj_cruiser-1.gif