best paintball gun?

nvrstuk

crap, i'm stuck...
Hey, I know there are a few guys on this board that play. I have a couple a questions for you. . .
First: I have decided to get a paintball gun. A lot of my buddies are getting into it this year, and want me to get one so we can play woodsball mostly, and go to a few arenas to play as well. Most of them have bought the tippmann A-5. I think it seems like a sweet gun, but I would kinda like a fully auto, and something different than what they have. What about the piranha? or the diablo? and then there is the spyder. . . but isnt that kind of a newbie gun? (ok, so I'm a newbie, but I dont want people to look at me and laugh at my brand new wal-mart special!)

....so what gun should I get? I need to get everything for around $350. (mask, CO2, hopper, etc) I know looks aren't important, but I do like the looks of the A-5.

Second: What upgrades should I look at getting. . . (i know this will depend on the gun, maybe you can point me in the right direction.)

Thank you!

JoeT

Do yourself a favor and buy a gun from Pegleg Paintball. They offer free service I believe for a year and a 1 year pass to their indoor field. Piranaha's are a good gun as are the spyders. FYI I use to be a manager for PegLeg/Paintball Planet. But nothin bets an old school Sniper (Pump action Autococker). Monkey boy will agree with me on that one.-_-

KCJ401

Autocockers are nice as are Piranaha's , Tippmans can be paint picky..but I like my Spyder E99 shoots well and not so much $ in it. And FYI most organized fields will not allow full auto markers to be used except with very rare exceptions.

rkillpack

Converted Oil Burner
Alright.....

Autocockers stomp on Piranhas, even the old ones. With the prices of autocockers so low:sick: you should find one easily in your price range. Range, accuracy, and with the right aftermarket goodies(sound familiar???)its fast.
Pegleg is going to treat you right, but not necessarily the cheapest. In all things there are trade offs. Talk to Jeff at the 35th south store and discuss everything you want to do and ask his opinion. 90% sure he'll help out.
Also check out the Ion, people are loving them.
Tell him Joe and Randall sent you, that might be good for something, maybe, I think,.....yeah:hickey:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Haven't been around that scene for years. I still have a sweet little Sniper II hanging around though. Serial # 20935. It would be tough to find one with a lower number than that. I wish my Dye barrel had a serial number on it. The Sniper II is the pump version of the autococker. Back in the day we used to stomp all over the guys with the semi-auto guns because they were never forced to learn how to shoot. I remember playing many games against a room full of semi-auto punks with my Sniper II pump, and no hopper. Just a handfull of paint. :D

JoeT

Dang it Monkey Boy now you got me missing my old Sniper II. Nothing says sweet paintball luvin like a Sniper II w/ 12-14" Dye barrel and a Cooper-T bolt and a 3.5oz tank. Hopper? Only for sissies.

Randall I forgot you hung here!

rrefx

I've had a few guns, the tippman A-5 is still my favorite. Upgrade to the electronic trigger, and you have a fully auto if you so desire. Then I added the flatline barrel, and give my friends a run for their money. It's well built, easily maintained, and easily upgradable. Good gun.

Ryan