best place to get Dana gears?

JJJZJ

Jager Abuser
im looking for the best(cheapest) place to gears for my grand cherokee. I am thinking along the lines of some 456s.

im aware im essentially polishing turds by doing this, but i need some for a dana30 and 35 regardless.

thanks

gtidrivr

i believe that there is this local place called six mistakes or something that could probably help you out there... #'s 488-4666
kory

gtidrivr

yeah what he said (sorry kurt i didnt know) dont buy sh$# from six mistakes
call someone else like a local wheeler that can hook you up and best of all he's coool!!

hey kurt want a ride up the waterfall??? :rofl:

gtidrivr

well unfortunatly i dont have a tow rig anymore, thanks to my comfy home. so as soon as i can bum a ride and a few people will want to go im there! and ill be sure to let you know this time.

Last edited:

Brett

Meat-Hippy
gtidrivr said:
back to the thread- buy gears locally from a good guy who likes to clean up trails not from the big guys who close early on saturdays! cause you know it will be 2pm on sat afternoon when you need them and they dont care, but kurt does...

What ya sayin there?

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
gtidrivr said:
well unfortunatly i dont have a tow rig anymore, thanks to my comfy home. so as soon as i can bum a ride and a few people will want to go im there! and ill be sure to let you know this time.

back to the thread- buy gears locally from a good guy who likes to clean up trails not from the big guys who close early on saturdays! cause you know it will be 2pm on sat afternoon when you need them and they dont care, but kurt does...

ya it sucks when people don't like to work on saturday either....moron.... :rolleyes:

gtidrivr

ok ok i was out of line i take it back... cause your right i sure dont want to work on saturdays after 60hrs a week. you win, both of you!

SIXSTATES

are you looking
for just ring and pinions or bearings also? you can use a d30 r&p out of a cj if you change the outer pinion bearing and use shims instead of a crush sleeve.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
gtidrivr said:
ok ok i was out of line i take it back... cause your right i sure dont want to work on saturdays after 60hrs a week. you win, both of you!

no problem..I am not stabbing, just prodding... ;)

JJJZJ

Jager Abuser
yah im looking for the gears along with bearings and seals, figure i might as well do it all at once.

and working on saturday sucks, but sunday is worse and no doubt thats where i will be this weekend :mad: