Best tire

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Yea, right.

Everyone has an opinion, and that is what it is. Too many factors to say brand X is THE best.

I liked My MTR's, nice and sticky, but had side wall wrap-up, and cut too many side walls.
Love my SX's, no side wall wrap, grab good, indestructable.

JMHO

P

pokeyYJ

I have really liked my BFG G-Force z-rated tires, they stick like glue. JMHO:D ;)

P.S. I have heard good things about the Mickey Thompson E.T.'s

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I just bought the TSL bias plys....and they rock!! they dont offer as nice of a ride as a radial but the peace of mind of not worrying about sliced sidewalls....ever....is a magnificent bonus.

the most rugged offroad tire out there is the Swamper TSL SX. there is nothing more durable.

traction is a tossup as the 17" versions of many tires are gaining a lot of ground.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Originally posted by Shawn

There is no such thing.

Exactly right. There may be a "best" for every situation, or every obstacle, or every individual surface, but there can never be an all-encompassing "best".

Except, obviously, whatever happens to be on MY rig. :D :D

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
if you go buy the march 2003 edition of JP magazine, they have a writeup on a number of tires. They rate them in 4 catagories: street, sand, mud, heavy rock.

This is of course subjective, but you might get an idea of how the mag editors rate the tires.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Originally posted by BlackSheep
if you go buy the march 2003 edition of JP magazine, they have a writeup on a number of tires. They rate them in 4 catagories: street, sand, mud, heavy rock.

This is of course subjective, but you might get an idea of how the mag editors rate the tires.
Have you ever read a writeup on a tire where they didn't have all good things to say? It seems like every time they test a tire it is the best tire ever.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by RockMonkey

Have you ever read a writeup on a tire where they didn't have all good things to say? It seems like every time they test a tire it is the best tire ever.

just passing along a little info, thus my statement about the writeups being subjective. I have my favorite, however working for the company I work for, I am quite bias.

also, they do talk about some beadlock wheels.

xjc

I give up :(
The absolute best tire on the market is the set of used ones you pick up for 200 clams in the size and general style you want.

Tires are too d#@! expensive to pay full price!;)

big nickel
KSL classifieds
local paper
etc...

Andy

aka. Hollywood
Marc,
I'm gonna see if they will work on my axles with my brakes, because they don't work on his, so I'm keepin my fingers crossed.

Jeremy, you better not be doggin' out on buying my tires, I just ordered my coilovers for the front.:D

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I agree 100% with XJC. A set of four or better five tires, general style type and size, good tread and cheap price tag.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by 2BIGTJ
What is the best offroad tire on the market, tell me about your experience with them

Won't say they are the best, but I have enjoyed my MTR's... Alot of the guys in my Cruiser club are running them and everyone loves em'. That being said, they pretty much suck on heavy vehicles. A good freind put MTR's on his Cummins and they were gone within a year.... too much truck for the tires. :D