Best way to fit h1 wheels on srw Dana 60 front

kawzx10

Hey guys we ran into a problem on my dads jeep. The h1 wheels he bought are hitting the tie rod ends. I have been doing a little research and I see three possible fixes.

1. Re center the wheels. My dad doesn't really want to do this but might be the cheapest. How much do we need to off set them by? Anything else wrong with doing this.

2. Nwf says they have a reverse high steer kit that clears h1 wheels. Any other brands make something? Anybody running them on a leaf spring yj? Any other problems with this set up? He needs to at least do a crossover steering arm so maybe this would be best kill to birds with one stone.

3. Wheel spacers. They seem just as expensive as the other options and weaker.

What do you guys think and a little more info on the jeep it's 94 yj. It has a 2.5" lift and is running the 4 cyl. The axle is a chevy srw axle not sure if it matters or not.

I know this has probably been covered before but it's hard to do a lot of research and work 2 jobs plus build the jeep.

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
I've used offset hysteer arms in the past... the kill to birds with one stone idea is def the best solution. Also if your trying to keep your wheelbase narrow (as I did by using a combination or Dodge 60's and H1's) this will be the most effective maneuver.

This example is from "parts mike" & shows the offset method and this particular kit is the one I used so I could put the tie rod BEHIND the diff for better protection as well... (however, I used one that had large hole in the center that fit over my stock kingping cap)
1548_image.jpg

http://www.partsmike.com/store/store.php?crn=218&rn=1548&action=show_detail

kawzx10

Does anyone have contact info for the rockstomper arms? The number I found is disconnected.

I am also trying to figure out how to contact the bonz guy on eBay. I don't see a email address or anything but maybe it's because I'm on my phone.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
DRW hubs are teh cheapest, easiest way to do this. It moves your WMS out several inches. They bolt right up, and as a bonus, your lockouts or flanges will only stick out about 1/2".

I happen to have a set and I need a set of SRW hubs, let me know if you're interested. :D

lime chev

When you run the offset arms whats everyone doing about the hubs sticking out there Ive had some H1s sitting for awhile

kawzx10

That's what I am running on my rig is the dually hubs with h1 wheels. I didn't really think about the lock out sticking out like it will with the srw hubs. He has the plastic warn lock outs I can't imagine they would take a hit from a rock too well.