• BDS

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Other, please specify

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
P

pokeyYJ

Whats the best overall? Best flex?

I am looking at only the 4" springs, don't say Rough Counrty they suck.

Also don't say SOA, I know the benifits but I don't want to do this yet.

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
You want 4" springs and flex eh? not so sure thats possible. Why not save your money bite the friggin bullet and SOA?? what are ya scared of?

P

pokeyYJ

Originally posted by BBowski82
You want 4" springs and flex eh? not so sure thats possible. Why not save your money bite the friggin bullet and SOA?? what are ya scared of?

Scared of all the extra costs that come alonge with it.

I saw you today, green YJ? I gave you the peace sign because I'm a wannabe Hippy.

Seriously, If I could do a SOA, with 33's and maybe a different axle for around 2K I would be all over that.

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
I got my 44's for $300 complete. 78 scout 2

You would need a SYE and new drivelines, thats the only real steep cost. otherwise its just labor.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Steering is gonna cost you to do it right. We bought a new steering knuckle from Tera for my dad's YJ. The only other way involves a bent drag link and we're not willing to do that...

trpl xj

my vote goes to Skyjacker. A couple of the guys in the club run them and like them. I run them (YJ 4"ers) on my Toyota p/u spring over with bomerange shackles and a 2" body lift. I haven't had a chance to flex it yet but it should work pretty well.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by RockMonkey
Steering is gonna cost you to do it right. We bought a new steering knuckle from Tera for my dad's YJ. The only other way involves a bent drag link and we're not willing to do that...

a drop drag link is standard issue for the suzuki crowd. if you build it stout and not booty-fab you can make it work and work well.

WJL

Rubicon Express makes a awsome 4.5" lift kit (complete) goto rubiconexpress.com kit is like $850 but it comes with everything.
break lines, greasable shackles, springs, drop arm, shocks, track bars.
If you can hold out to Easter Safari ushally they have deals when the company rep is there.
The flex is almost if not better than a STOCK TJ.
Add TJ flares and 1" BL you can fit 35s (depending on tire brand) with no rubbing.

Good luck

Caleb

I voted for other before I read your post...I was going to say your stock springs make great lift springs:D:D:D

since you dont want SOA(which I will never understand) I would say to go with RE Extreme 4.5" kit...I have heard nothing but good things about this kit...considering its SUA

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Originally posted by spencurai

a drop drag link is standard issue for the suzuki crowd. if you build it stout and not booty-fab you can make it work and work well.
IMHO any bent drag link is booty fab by definition. Now, bent tie rods, that's just evidence of appropriate use. :D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by RockMonkey

IMHO any bent drag link is booty fab by definition. Now, bent tie rods, that's just evidence of appropriate use. :D

I agree, they just don't belong on a lifted truck... You are taking a stock vehicle, increasing the lift and load of the steering (big, wide, oversized, aired down tires) and replacing the parts with inferior designed stuff.... its all about the math...:D

P

pokeyYJ

I don't want to put the whole kit on, just the springs. I will reuse all the stuff off of my current lift.

WJL

What are you running right now?
It is much cheaper to buy a kit than just the springs.
REs Springs 125 each =500 plus shipping Kit 750 to 850 you get new shackles, shocks, track bars , bolts, bushings, break lines, everything.
Gives you a fresh start. How do you know your parts are up to the new springs flex. Shocks may be too short along with break lines. There is easliey 200 bucks there.
It can be done with just springs but the good companies sell kits for a reason. The compnets they put together work together.

Do some searching.
Rubiconexperss.com
Currieentreprises.com
SkyJacker.com
National Spring in Ca.
Alacon Springs
Use the shops that are on this net

Those above should be able to answer any questions that you can think of about springs and lifts.

P

pokeyYJ

I am currently running the Rough Country P.O.S. kit. I am mainly looking for a better ride. I am starting to pee red!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
You can do a 'Low Buck' SOA on a YJ for around $1000 or less. Granted, the steering won't be perfect (Get a better axle before investing in Highsteer) and the stock leafs will fatiuge faster than lift springs, but all that can come later. (Later, like when you swap in real axles, and get bigger tires. Because you WILL get tires bigger than 33's...... Relax.... just let them come naturally!!)

Invest in a quality SYE Kit, and do a SOA using stock YJ rear spring packs. Use a Dropped Pitman arm, longer brakelines, and appoiate shocks and enjoy the flex. You don't have to add the Traction Bar right away, but plan on doing it soon after the SOA is done. Change the rear U-Joint Straps to U-Bolts ASAP.

I did a cheap SOA on my YJ and it rode and flexed killer! Heres mine on stock Springs and 33's-

Attachments

• myyjflex.jpg
    myyjflex.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 19