BFG KM2 tires

BrockSampson

Anybody have anything good or bad to say about these tires?

I saw the 37" version at costco the other day. I kinda dig the tread design. They look like a cross between the mud terrain and the krawler. Thinking I might pick up a set of 35's. Unless someone has anything to say about them.

Anybody?

Bryan

Chevycrew

I have seen them on a few rigs down at summitmachine, They might also sell them.

I would give a call to get reviews...

I would also like to know.

crazyyo

ive been looking thinking as well i like them but i want to see how they will do before i blow the money

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I've talked to several people who are running them, all are completely happy with them. They've all been 37's as far as I know, but I wouldn't think the 35" would be that much different.

RuggedH2

Just doing my thing.
I have them in 38" 14.50 / 17

I had Toyo MT's before these. Good traction, stiff sidewall.

I think the KM2's are a great tire...... the sidewalls really flex around rocks and the traction is outstanding. They are good on the street too.

The truck is heavy, but the tires are at 20 psi in the pic.

IMG_1202 (Medium).JPG

MRJ

Just a user
These tires are great. Jimmy has them on his JK, in the 37" size.

Excellent on road so far. They have not seen snow yet so I can't say anything on that.

Excellent off road. Jimmy has never aired them down yet and has done everything the rest of us are doing aired down.

For the price these can't be beat in my opinion.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I also am thinking of getting some but BFG is releasing them in phases. They have already released the first phase which included bigger rim sizes with the smallest I believe at a 16 inch that was about a 35 in. The rest of the sizes including the 15 in 33 and 35 and such are going to be released in september some time. Hope this helps some. Kevin

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I test drove a set at EJS this year. Like others have said, on road they were awesome. Offroad they had really good traction and allowed me to crawl things better - granted, my Claw's need to be down around 4psi before they start hooking up good and with no locks, I can't run them that low.

My only gripe with them is they have a soft sidewall and I found myself rolling the tire under on side hills at the recommended 14 psi.

I ran Fins n Things and up to Chewy on Pritchett with them.

kmboren

Any idea how to order them from Costco??? The site wants to pick them by the model of car and won't do it.

I use to work at costco tire shop and you have to go in and order them from the store. There general rule is that they will not install any on a car that is not factory equipment unless you already have that size on. You can also take in your rims and have them mounted on and then carry them out. One thing that I love about costco is there road hazard warranty. It is pro rated based hon how much tread you have left like most shops but they dont really question why or how it happened. They will just road hazard it. I talk to someone there just the other day and he said he thought that they could now get the second phase of tires in. I should be in there pretty soon my self for the new 33x12.50 km2. I can't wait to have those. Hope this helps. :D

RockChucker

I use to work at costco tire shop and you have to go in and order them from the store. There general rule is that they will not install any on a car that is not factory equipment unless you already have that size on. You can also take in your rims and have them mounted on and then carry them out. One thing that I love about costco is there road hazard warranty. It is pro rated based hon how much tread you have left like most shops but they dont really question why or how it happened. They will just road hazard it. I talk to someone there just the other day and he said he thought that they could now get the second phase of tires in. I should be in there pretty soon my self for the new 33x12.50 km2. I can't wait to have those. Hope this helps. :D
i was just talking to my uncle about these tires, and he said that costco had 35x12.50R15 there and they were $199 a tire. pretty good price if you ask me, and since they are in a 15 inch wheel, that must mean that phase 2 is out now...

and here is another one for ya...J.E.E.P. Justifies Every Expense Plan lol. see how your wife likes that one.

kmboren

i was just talking to my uncle about these tires, and he said that costco had 35x12.50R15 there and they were $199 a tire. pretty good price if you ask me, and since they are in a 15 inch wheel, that must mean that phase 2 is out now...

and here is another one for ya...J.E.E.P. Justifies Every Expense Plan lol. see how your wife likes that one.

I do not know if that is the phase 2 because I know that they still have some km1s that they can order. They order directly from the warehouse and as of two weeks ago you were still able to get the kms in at least a 33x12.50r15. If that is the real price for the km2 in a 35 that is a good price because the km1 in a 33 was about 200 each.

RockChucker

i'm not sure exactly because i have not priced them...it was my uncle that said that. i think they are phase 2 because when they came out, bfg announced that it wouldn't be releasing the tires for smaller wheels until about this time.

I called Costco

38 x 14.50 on 17" rim $505
37 x 12.50 on 17" rim $359

Too much for me.

I'm also looking at:
TSL 39.5x15 - 17 for $340ish
PJ 38x14.5 - 17 radial $340ish
Pitbull 38 x 15 - 17 $300ish
The TRXUS MT comes in a 38 too...but seems like it would wear fast.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I called Costco

Too much for me.

I'm also looking at:

Hmmmm.... those Pitbulls are kinda interesting. I've not heard a LOT about them, but I think there's a thread or two on PBB about them.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
I called Costco

Too much for me.

I'm also looking at:

Ouch. Don't suppose you got price's on 35's or if anyone else knows?