BHO WINS the Nobel PEACE PRIZE? For WHAT?

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
HE HADN'T EVEN DONE ANYTHING BEFORE THE NOMINATIONS WERE DUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OSLO (AP) - President Barack Obama won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples," the Norwegian Nobel Committee said, citing his outreach to the Muslim world and attempts to curb nuclear proliferation. The stunning choice made Obama the third sitting U.S. president to win the Nobel Peace Prize and shocked Nobel observers because Obama took office less than two weeks before the Feb. 1 nomination deadline. Obama's name had been mentioned in speculation before the award but many Nobel watchers believed it was too early to award the president.

Just wow....

Edit... Forgot the linky

Last edited:

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
They felt bad for him because they booted in the first round for the olympics, they had to give him something to make him feel special.
:-\

EROK81?

Sell out
Bad move on the Nobel Committee. I agree with phatfoto, he hasn't done anything yet. The prize is supposed to be given out for something that has happened, not what may happen. This is like giving the physics prize to Peter Higgs.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
They felt bad for him because they booted in the first round for the olympics, they had to give him something to make him feel special.
:-\

yeah Oparah couldn't get him the Olympics so she got him a nobel peace prize to make up for it.

Behold the power of MONEY/BRIBES:-\

bradm

shameless posing...
In light of BO getting this award, I told my boss this morning I should get a significant promotion, based on my personal performance plan and initiatives I submitted along with my projected goals for 2010. Call it a "pre-emptive" raise... we'll see how it goes. :D

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
In light of BO getting this award, I told my boss this morning I should get a significant promotion, based on my personal performance plan and initiatives I submitted along with my projected goals for 2010. Call it a "pre-emptive" raise... we'll see how it goes. :D

I might try that with my boss... Somehow, I can hear the laughter already....:eek:

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Ugh.
What has he done besides put our country further into debt and insinuate an Universal Health Care plan that will result in a country full of even more pissed of people. I see nothing but stupidity coming from this media puppet.
:thumbs:

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
Ugh.
What has he done besides put our country further into debt and insinuate an Universal Health Care plan that will result in a country full of even more pissed of people. I see nothing but stupidity coming from this media puppet.
:thumbs:
At least he ain't from Texas!!!