Big Fun In The Biggest State!

Fade2Black

Drinking bone

GETBENT

CRASH
Thomas,
That looks like a lot of fun up there, I'd like to go to Alaska some day, I'm thinkin more of an Alaskan Cruise though! So how long does it take you to drive there from Odgen? Later

Scott

Fade2Black

Drinking bone
GETBENT said:
Thomas,
That looks like a lot of fun up there, I'd like to go to Alaska some day, I'm thinkin more of an Alaskan Cruise though! So how long does it take you to drive there from Odgen? Later

Scott

Come on up! I can show you around and have you to up my place for dinner.

It took six days to drive from Anchorage to Ogden, and that's driving only eight hours a day. On the way back, I went to San Diego to visit my mother, and headed out from north of L.A., spending six days to make a seven day trip.

Got some more pics from the Churchill Trail:

The second picture starts to give you an idea of how heavy AK mud can get.

Churchill_3.jpg

Churchill_5.jpg

Last edited:

Fade2Black

Drinking bone
Check this crap out:

crumple_2.jpg

Got that in the above mud hole when I bounced into a berm.

Tim,

Did you move my stuff? I need to know because the storage payment is due. I left you a voice mail as well.

oldbluechevy78

Used to live up in Alaska about 5 years ago, (Fort Richardson area), I drove back from there to Heber city and it took 5 days to get back, Thats with the front wheel hub on my dodge going bad, fuel pump going out, shatered windsheild, and powersteering pump going out. One h### of a trip. My buddy just drove back up there from here, He went to Minnesota first and it only took him 3 days to get up there for Minnesota.

Pretty country up there, trip to rember, and would do it again in a heartbeat :D

Fade2Black

Drinking bone
oldbluechevy78 said:
Used to live up in Alaska about 5 years ago, (Fort Richardson area), I drove back from there to Heber city and it took 5 days to get back, Thats with the front wheel hub on my dodge going bad, fuel pump going out, shatered windsheild, and powersteering pump going out. One h### of a trip. My buddy just drove back up there from here, He went to Minnesota first and it only took him 3 days to get up there for Minnesota.

Pretty country up there, trip to rember, and would do it again in a heartbeat :D

It's about the same distance and time to come from Heber City as it is to come from central Minnesota, travelling at the same speed. To do it in 3 days would mean driving 16 hours a day.

Heading from L.A. to Anchorage, it's over 500 miles farther. 54 hours from L.A. to Anchorage. Now that I think about it, I left from a place about an hour north of L.A. I started from there on a Monday and got home on Saturday afternoon. So that's about 5 1/2 days. Could have done it faster without too much more work.

Last edited:

Fade2Black

Drinking bone
Ford Prefect said:
I love it!

If you look in the back ground, you can see this nice clean jeep following him, and yet you can not tell that Yota is really black! haha

Looks like you had fun.

Hehehe! When we stopped for lunch, I was commenting to the other people about how you can't even tell that the other rigs were on the same trail. It makes a huge difference when your tires are inside your wheel wells.