Big mans hauler

littlyota

Just thought I would throw up a few pics of my latest creation.

A little ugly, but serves a purpose.

Who ever would think to park a 4runner inside the back of a truck.

Last edited:

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
You can register the truck for whatever weight you want. you just better not be heavier than what its registered for.

truck is sweet! looks way nicer than mine!!

littlyota

I only registered it for 26k lbs. The whole thing was stupid cheap. It is registered as a Motor Home.

For ramps, I use 12" c-channel. They are crazy heavy and I don't really like them, but I got a good deal on them and they make this all possible.

littlyota

It actually does not require any type of inspection for Utah to qualify.

Utah is the easiest state there is to get the Motor home registration. Other states require a list of items and must be inspected to prove the items are there.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Who did you find to insure it, and how much $?

What are maintenance costs on something like that?

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Have you thought about converting the side panels into the ramps? I cant imagine having to lug that channel around.

I got liability insurance on mine for 24 bucks a month. But mine is considerably older than this one and only warrants liability. Progressive is the carrier

littlyota

Allstate??? wow.

they laughed at me.

sounds like you got a peach! interior pics?

I will get some. Nothing impressive. I pulled most of cabinets. I put in a 110v A/c unit and hope to put in a sink and some other small stuff.

Really working to decide it's future. I really like it and it is fun to drive, but I may go a different direction. I need to get the gooseneck figured out so I can get a nice camper. I should be able to put the RZR in the bed and still put a 5th wheel camper behind it. Once I get angles and pivot points figured out I will go from there.

It has around 410hp and 1550 ft pounds of torque. Takes a minute to get through the gears, but once your on top, it hauls butt.