Big Saturday Behind the Rocks

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
I would like to let everyone know how dissapointed that I am in the choice that Red Rock made for a trail leader on the trail ride second group that goes all the way through White Knuckle. I took a group through the trail on saturday morning early before it was closed down at 7:30. I talked to blm about running the trail and they told me as long as I started before it was closed and didn't hinder the trail run that there would be no problems. We ran the trail down White Knuckle and then cut around and back through the by pass to White Dome (Hummer Hill) We arrived there at the same time the second group and parked off of the side of the trail waiting for them to pass. The trail leader threatened us and was volger and rude a total ASSHOLE..... I would have a hard time supporting a group that selects a person of that caliber to represent them. And beeing a represenitive of such a group should be a better example to others. Three of the group I was leading were new comers and were very unimpressed. I am appreciative of what Red Rock has done for 4 wheeling but am surly upset with the way they have handled themself on the trail runs.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
I don't suppose you got a name of the person that was leading? If so, I'd let the RR4W's know....not sure if it would help, but that's where I would start.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I had a problem with a trail leader one year. The guy just up and left the group to fend for themselves on the trail. At the end of the trail we told him what we thought of him and reported him to the RR. Nothing ever happened.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
This points out, very well, the need for committed individuals to get involved. Do you care? Do you want other people to care too? Do something then.

Sorry to hear you had a crappy experience. Get everyone to write a letter to the head of RR, and let them know what that little encounter did for you.

redrock

Tip Toe group Tony?
Have you no sence of adventure?
How is your dad doing I haven't seen him for a while?

common now scott hehe we were looking for a trail wwe could be off early and that did not happen

my dad is doing good just bought him one awesome jeep 2000 TJ ARB front and rear it's nice

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
We went on 2 group rides with RR4W, had a great time. Leaders did a great job, except for the excessive stopping. :p :D

I would like to let everyone know how dissapointed that I am in the choice that Red Rock made for a trail leader on the trail ride second group that goes all the way through White Knuckle. I took a group through the trail on saturday morning early before it was closed down at 7:30. I talked to blm about running the trail and they told me as long as I started before it was closed and didn't hinder the trail run that there would be no problems. We ran the trail down White Knuckle and then cut around and back through the by pass to White Dome (Hummer Hill) We arrived there at the same time the second group and parked off of the side of the trail waiting for them to pass. The trail leader threatened us and was volger and rude a total ASSHOLE..... I would have a hard time supporting a group that selects a person of that caliber to represent them. And beeing a represenitive of such a group should be a better example to others. Three of the group I was leading were new comers and were very unimpressed. I am appreciative of what Red Rock has done for 4 wheeling but am surly upset with the way they have handled themself on the trail runs.

RR4W uses 75+ volunteer trail guides during Safari. I would encourage everyone not to hold the organization responsible for the actions of one rude person (and I think that goes for every club/org). Were you supporting RR4W before having this bad experience with one of their trail guides? Behind the Rocks (and almost every other trail in Moab) is only open because of the money RR4W spends, so I wouldn't give them too much grief over it. It also sounds like maybe a miscommunication between the BLM official and the RR4W group. The exclusive use permit is still new, so I'm sure there are some (both at RR4W and the BLM) who haven't figured out all the arrangements yet.

If you were that offended, it might be best to write a nicely worded letter to RR4W detailing the experience. Maybe the guy is a jerk who has given a negative impression to others as well.

We went on 2 group rides with RR4W, had a great time. Leaders did a great job, except for the excessive stopping. :p :D

Ditto. Our trail leader (Jerry Parker) was great! We had a REALLY good time. Despite the fact that we stopped WAY too much.

Last edited: