big screen TV

mesha

By endurance we conquer
The bulb went out. It isn't the new flat kind, but it isn't the old gimantic kind either. It is 7 years old or close to it.

According to the internet it will be about 200 to fix and take 45 min. I bought a new TV instead.

gotta haul it away. I won't hold it for you. the next time I go to the dump I will take it along. Unless I take it out and shoot it first :)

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Rear projection?

saw a really cool thing over the weekend where they took the lens piece out and were using it as a magnifying glass and melting pennies with one...

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Rear projection?

saw a really cool thing over the weekend where they took the lens piece out and were using it as a magnifying glass and melting pennies with one...

this is dumb, but I don't know. I am pretty sure is is rear projection.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Rear projection?

A fresnel lens. I've been wanting to make a death ray for a while now.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I don't care who owns it, I just want to melt holes in the sidewalk with the sun.

Preferably somebody else's sidewalk but mine will do in a pinch.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I can't believe I didn't think of this! We did the math for a lens in Physics in college and I have always wanted to build a welder with a giant lens. Gah!

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Yep, I'm all in for this one. :cool:

[video=youtube;jrje73EyKag]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrje73EyKag&list=UU1zZE_kJ8rQHgLTVfobLi_g[/video]