bigger master cylinder on a '93 yj

nvrstuk

crap, i'm stuck...
So I just got done putting disc brakes on my dana 60, and looks like my master cylinder isnt working right, as I dont get any fluid to the rear axle. I disconnected the lines from the master cylinder and blew them out. . . No clog. So I guess I need a new MC... just wondering if there was a bigger one I could swap in (to help with the bigger brakes) without to many problems? Is there anything else I should do while Im at it? Thanks!

BigRubba

put a ford E 350 MC on it.. almost direct bolt on I've been told.
theres alot of info on this on Pirate4x4.com if you do a search.
if you've never been there before it's a great sight for info but not the family if you know what I mean.

OCNORB

Supporting Member
When I did my Dad's rear disks on his Wrangler I bought the E350, but ended up not using it. The E350 holes have to be drilled larger to work.

I did the "remove the o-ring" on the stock combo valve trick and played with the rod length adjuster until it felt just right. The brakes work great - even in reverse. We were going to do a proportioning valve, but it works so well that it doesn't need it.

nvrstuk

crap, i'm stuck...
I have looked on pirate, but there are a few different ones they talk about. I am thinking of going with the '86 ford van E350. . . .They say it bolts right up (with the exeption of drilling the mounting holes larger) Anyone know anything else about this swap?