Black Box?

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Box 4 Rocks. same thing, uses the front half of a junkyard 231. MUCH cheaper, same strength.
That's what I'm running. I love it.

here are some pics of mine

100_1756.jpg

100_1757.jpg

100_1758.jpg

Last edited:

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Ive been running a NWF Black Box for almost 4 years. It came apart on me once because they forgot to install the snap ring that holds it together.

They made good on it tho. They paid shipping both ways and fixed everything. Had it back really quick.

I havent had an issue since and I have beat the heck out of it

I would buy one again.

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
Box 4 Rocks. same thing, uses the front half of a junkyard 231. MUCH cheaper, same strength.
That's what I'm running. I love it.
Where do you get one, or is it home built?
Ive been running a NWF Black Box for almost 4 years. It came apart on me once because they forgot to install the snap ring that holds it together.

They made good on it tho. They paid shipping both ways and fixed everything. Had it back really quick.

I havent had an issue since and I have beat the heck out of it

I would buy one again.
That's an impressive testimony considering what and how you drive!
Nice drive unit, for jeep applications the rear driveshaft gets real short in a hurry..
I'm 110" wheelbase so driveshaft length isn't an issue, plus they say a Black Box on a Dana 300 is shorter than a stock 231.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Duffy. D&D machine. 360-779-2500
Box4rocks doubler kit comes with the adapter plate. spud shaft and plate to weld to your 231 (where the front output used to be).
He's a vendor on pirate.
He sometimes sells on ebay too.

my box4rock doubler is 1" shorter than a stock 231. 1" longer than my 231 with a SYE.

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
Duffy. D&D machine. 360-779-2500
Box4rocks doubler kit comes with the adapter plate. spud shaft and plate to weld to your 231 (where the front output used to be).
He's a vendor on pirate.
He sometimes sells on ebay too.

my box4rock doubler is 1" shorter than a stock 231. 1" longer than my 231 with a SYE.

Does this only work with a 231, cause I have a 300?

RockChucker

it is a doubler kit. he has a 231-d300 combo. you can see how the whole package looks in his pics above. pretty slick setup, and if you have a 231 laying around, pretty cheap. or you can just get a 231 for cheap of ksl or the like.

on another note, how long would this combo be if you were to put 2 231's together? any body know?

kawzx10

Is Duffy still in business my dad ordered twin sticks from him and never got them. Called and talked to him a couple times and he was giving him the run around then just quit answering the phone waited about 4 months then finally went with nwf. He never took the payment from his account so not a huge deal but still a pain. We kinda figures maybe he shutdown.