blazer wheelin with 6.2 diesel

heinz

Looking for info/opinions on the diesel equiped blazer. Anyone have/had one that they wheel? How well does the diesel work offroad? In choosing a gear ratio, does the diesel act different than a gas motor for crawling.(because of the low end torque) Figure in TH350/205 or 700r/208 Any info would be great.

joez

CK5 is a great place for info on this.

And yes, i have one, dont wheel it hard, as its my DD and tow rig. The only place it does not to well is in the mud, but that is due to the 700R4 shifting when it is supposed to which is way out of the torque curve. but muds no fun anyway. They crawl very well when backed by a sm465 or an nv4500. They wont be world class crawlers with autos, but will get the job done. The diesel will not stall on inclines, as they are all fuel injected. I would look for a 700R4/241 combo, as the 208's are weaker. There were no factory K5's with diesels and manuals, unfortunately.

ALF

SURE!?
heinz said:
thanks for the info guys!!!
If you want to ask this question at ck5.com compose it and pm it to me and I'll post it, you could post it in the general but most of the guys in the know over there don't answer in that forum so you gotta be a member which i am :D and post it in the 73-91 forum.