BLM Cleanup and RATTLESNAKE - Apr 26 - Trip Report!

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
I headed out to 5 mile this morning for a little cleanup and some trail riding. Saw Demon Jeep as soon as I pulled in, then Cruiseroutfit arrived just as I was getting my rig off the trailer.

We went out and filled about 6-7 bags full of trash, then came back to the assembly area to get more bags, and see who else might have shown up.

As we offloaded our trash, who should show up (with a jeepload of trash no less!)....Spencurai!! As I'm standing there shooting the **** with Spence, Demon decided to do a public display of insanity by driving up over a junk Ranchero that someone had dragged over to the dumpster area.

Of course, I couldn't be shown up by some dude with an open front diff, so Curt pulled my rig over and me and Demon proceeded to put on a little show for the folks gathered around. I couldn't believe how many people came over to snap photos of us stacked up on that car. It was pretty fun. Even the BLM folks had a video camera shooting some footage of us climbing around on it. It was pretty fun. I got a few photos, but not digital. Spence got some digi photos.

Cruiseroutfit had to go back to work on his rig, so Me, Demon and Spence headed out for a little run up Rattlesnake.

We hit the trailhead and aired down, then headed out for the trail. Just moments behind us came Jeff Cardall. He had his zuk and his whole family with him. Quick intros, then up the trail.

Unfortunately, Jeff didn't make it far up the trial, he broke a T-case mount just as the trail started to get fun. Spence donated a ratchet strap to the cause, and Demon, Jeff and Spence put together a nice trail fix. Jeff turned around and headed out, and the remaining 3 continued. From a post Jeff made, it sounds like he already got the t-case mount fixed.

I was leading out, with the open diffed Spence following. Quite fun to watch a guy who is accustomed to lockers drive an open diff'd rig. Me and Demon got a few laughs from that.

He kept right with us, although we considered changing "the pokey line" to "the spence line"....

Had a bit of fun through the area around the squeeze, then up over the waterfall. Took a couple of tries, but I made the line I wanted (not the far right, but about the middle)

Headed up to the tailings, then Demon took the lead for a trip through Wayne's world. This is a nice waterfall that is really the entrance to Constrictor. It is a great start to constrictor, but seems to be bypassed most of the time. I recommend trying it. Spence decided not to try it, so Demon and I turned around at the top of Wayne's world, and came back down it. FUN!!

We then proceeded to take a hike up through constrictor to see the progress made to date. They are getting closer and closer to the Eagle's Nest (the big waterfall that is currently blocked off because of the Rodeo that is sitting on its roof out there. I expect Shawn to be pulling that rodeo out of the way next weekend.

After our little hike, we headed back down rattlesnake. Again, much fun was had in the Squeeze's rock garden. I tripped out Demon when I decided to drive up on the wall that is to the left (as going down the trail - right as going up) of the tree. Got some good air, but I don't think we got any photos of it. Thanks to Spence for the Ballast and to both of them for the spotting.

Those of you who were concerned about the weather shouldn't have been. It was a beautiful day. Short sleeves and shorts were comfortable until it started to get late.

Finally got off the trail around 6pm. Loaded up and headed home.

Can't wait to see the photos Spence took!!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
here goes....first the car crusher pix...
carcrusherseries.jpg

Last edited:

WJL

Cool pictures.
Mabey I should have turned around. (my directions guy spencer was on redwood road and traveling south. I did not know to turn there so ended up on I-15 from bangler). Oh well there is next time.

Spencer looks like you need some TJ flares. Was there a little rubbing in the rear?:D

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by WJL
Cool pictures.
Mabey I should have turned around. (my directions guy spencer was on redwood road and traveling south. I did not know to turn there so ended up on I-15 from bangler). Oh well there is next time.

Spencer looks like you need some TJ flares. Was there a little rubbing in the rear?:D

hey if you wanna donate, I will always welcome the free handouts.....:)

WJL

I think you have gotten you Freebie.
It was attached to your bumper on Friday :p

Any more picture to show? ( I know you have more)

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
OK people here is the fun on the obstacle known to me as Wayne's world someone named wayne with an XJ supposedly walked this the first time.....so pipe up and post some photos of that XJ....
waynesworldseries.jpg

waynesworldseries2.jpg

waynesworldseriesblacksheep.jpg

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by gotdirt
hey blacksheep this is dobber from team white trash did you keep all your springs in place this time

Yeah, I have changed the shock mounting points to make them more secure, and I put some higher lift springs on it.

I'll soon have my longarm kit in place and longer shocks to give me some better flex.

sure wish I could be there this weekend with you guys!