Boat tools

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Thought I'd check here before I purchased one. Looking for a gimbal bearing alignment tool. Anyone got one I could borrow?

rholbrook

Thought I'd check here before I purchased one. Looking for a gimbal bearing alignment tool. Anyone got one I could borrow?
Save yourself the headache and pay to have it done. I did my own once and will never do it again. If you have never done one, prepare to wrestle with it for a while. The actual removal of the drive and pulling the bearing and putting the bearing back in is the easy part. The alignment is the hard part. Freds Marine in Layton charges right around $300 parts and labor. Money well spent. If you do tackle it I hope it goes better for you than it did me.

Jesser04

Are you looking for a drive alignment tool? We just put big block in a pontoon boat we didn't replace the gimbal but with did have to make sure the drive was aligned. It was no big deal we just had to take the engine in and out a couple times. It's was the first thing we did when Installing the engine so we had no hoses or wiring to deal with.