BOB/survival pack. Something everyone should carry.

Johnny4X4

the general army navy store on redwood in taylorsville sells these individual packets of drinking water-- i have a few of those stuffed in my bag-- and a good water filter system that i can pump from anywhere i find water (i dont like the taste from the tablets)

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
the general army navy store on redwood in taylorsville sells these individual packets of drinking water-- i have a few of those stuffed in my bag-- and a good water filter system that i can pump from anywhere i find water (i dont like the taste from the tablets)

Iodine Tablets do taste like butt I agree.. I switched to Aqua Muira and the taste is 100X better. Viruses can get by filters so be careful with that.. I use a home made filter to get out the big junk and then use tablets or liquid Aqua Mura..

mesha

By endurance we conquer
thanks all ! where is a good place to pick up the aqua mira stuff at ?

Come see me at recreation outlet on state in AF and I will get you set up. ask for Davy. I work tomorrow 4-8. If you can't make it then Pm me and we can work out a time.

utah340six

this is great ideas BUT
do you remove it from vehicle every time you get out
we live in the land of FREE
some SOB breaks your window know he has it.
including a gun that he didnt have before.
or he gets it out when you dont know it and your out think you have what you neeed go to get it and it gone??????????/
your Thoughts WERE DID IT GO>

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
If you're packing flash lights and extra batts, all you need is some steel wool to start a fire; learned that in BSA.

Johnny4X4

steel wool and a 9 volt - i actually have an old pouch from a folding knife i keep mine in, have never used it since i put it in there though- i bought a refillable lighter one of the flame resistant 3 torch type- it will light wet wood on fire. ha ha

mesha

By endurance we conquer
this is great ideas BUT
or he gets it out when you dont know it and your out think you have what you neeed go to get it and it gone??????????/

I don't understand what you are talking about:confused:

oh, never mind, I guess we shouldn't try to be prepared in case someone might steal it.

ewander

this is great ideas BUT

This is a good consideration. For me, my vehicle is in a secure location at work (posted guard and fences) and while at home is locked in my garage. If I am in an area that is not secure, the gun comes with me in a holster (often just to compliment the other gun I have on me). I also have a lock box in the jeep that is fairly secure.

Everything is in a very handy backpack that is easy to pull in and out of the vehicle.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Great reply's and useful idea's you guy's :greg:

this is great ideas BUT

I hide mine pretty well for the most part and it is very doubtful that someone will steal it right before you REALLY need it. If it does get ripped off for whatever reason most of this stuff (aside from firearms) isn't going to kill the budget to replace. I'll bet one could put together a well stocked bob for under $50 if you're a bargain shopper and that's cheap insurance imo.

If I plan to be more that a mile or so away from the vehicle in the back country I carry mine without thinking twice.