Bolt In Roll Cage

fire4j15

Anyone here ever put in the rock hard bolt in roll cage?? Mine just showed up today for my 06 unlimited and was wondering if there is any secerts or pointers for installing it. Anyone here ever roll there jeep with the bolt in cage just wondering how strong it is. I have heard good things about them. Thanks

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I have their cage in my Rubicon. Nice cage! Nope, never needed it <knock on wood>

The only suggestion/tip I have for you is to make sure it is square before you tighten anything. If it's not square and you tighten it up, it WILL distort everything and pull it around. And work from the front back... IE do the dash stuff, then the over head driver stuff, then rear seat stuff.

Edit: Oh, and always drive your rig with the windsheild frame attached to the cage and the bolt on the side of the frame itself! The windsheild frame acts as a stiffener. I've seen others fold up because the windshield wasn't bolted to the cage, not sure if this would but no sense in testing THAT feature... ;) Also, I couldn't use the two inner bolts, or at least they were difficult to use. So I delted them and only used the two outers and the two on the fenders. Make sense?

Attachments

• roll cage 001.jpg
    roll cage 001.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 19
  • roll cage 002.jpg
    roll cage 002.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 16
  • roll cage 003.jpg
    roll cage 003.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 17
  • roll cage 004.jpg
    roll cage 004.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

fire4j15

I have their cage in my Rubicon. Nice cage! Nope, never needed it <knock on wood>

The only suggestion/tip I have for you is to make sure it is square before you tighten anything. If it's not square and you tighten it up, it WILL distort everything and pull it around. And work from the front back... IE do the dash stuff, then the over head driver stuff, then rear seat stuff.

Edit: Oh, and always drive your rig with the windsheild frame attached to the cage and the bolt on the side of the frame itself! The windsheild frame acts as a stiffener. I've seen others fold up because the windshield wasn't bolted to the cage, not sure if this would but no sense in testing THAT feature... ;) Also, I couldn't use the two inner bolts, or at least they were difficult to use. So I delted them and only used the two outers and the two on the fenders. Make sense?

Thanks for the info. So I should start with the dash first? The front windshield has to be laid down to install the front section right?

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Yeah, start at the dash and work your way back. It will be easier to know that it's not crooked that way. Also don't tighten anything until you get it all in place. Then go around and work it all in tight.

After you get going on it, you might find that the 'black' bars above the door need to be adjusted from the fatory length. Some do and some don't.

Yes, mine is powder coated. Spray paint works just as well, though. Only thing is the handles and frequently touched areas will need to be repainted often. Where as with the PC it will hold up for a long time. My handles haven't even started to show signs of wear and I've used them everytime to get in and out for over 2 years.