Book on Colorado Plateau trails?

eprobe

This is a quick note to the forum members @ RME, some of whom may have met me a few years ago when I helped put an expedition together to the Swell.

I wrote a book a few years back called "Highway 12" about Utah State Highway 12 that runs from Panguitch to Torrey. I'm thinking about writing another, now that I've moved up to SLC, and I'm getting out of this semi, so I will theoretically have more than 5 minutes of spare time/week.

This one would be called something like "The Most Forlorn and Beautiful Backroads of the Colorado Plateau," or something to that effect. I'd write a fairly subjective account of the trails that packed the most isolation and scenery. Maybe three dozen of them. That means I'd actually get to fire up my '81 Heep Cj-5 and go someplace besides the grocery store.

I might put the book on Kickstarter.

I'm looking for leads, though I traveled a lot of those backroads in my younger days and I know about a dozen and a half trails I could start with.

More than leads, I'm looking for some feedback, especially from the regulars here on the forum, whose opinion I highly value. If I go forward, I will probably be bugging you because you know these roads better than the people who bladed them in the first place. What do you think of the idea? Am I nuts? Well... I am nuts...but is the idea nuts?

Thanks in advance for your advice!