Boston Marathon Bombing

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin

"I came back to America last week to grab my hard drives, all my stuff, and to get rid of my place in Boston ---- only to be greeted with a reminder of how much I hated all the bullshit lies and corruption spoiling this once-great country. You know, my bestfriend worked one block from the bombing. Usually during the Marathon races, all businesses and offices are closed due to heavy heavy traffic. But on that day, my bestfriend had to go into his office for a meeting. At around five-ish that day, I had just woken up...when he came through the door in a state of shock. He couldn't talk. I didn't even know what had happened because I slept through it all. I still have jet lag.

Then the next day, we weren't allowed out at all...not even to get some coffee. Men dressed in black gear paraded through the streets with weapons. In Watertown, they were confiscating guns from residents. This they don't tell you on the news. I understand that perhaps the "suspect" may be tempted to fish for weapons, but what about the people that may need to protect themselves from the "suspect" or the government? I'm going back to India. I got what I need, saw what had to be seen, and I recommend that you all consider doing the same. Welcome to the United States of Israel. Not only did a bill pass to spy on you (on the same day of the bombing), but now there will be more eyes in the skies, a stronger push for confiscating guns, and no miranda rights to be read to anybody. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but one who studies multiple theories to get to the truth. A country that has no conscience when attacking the innocent ANYWHERE, obviously sees no value in human life. Hence, it also sees no problem attacking its own innocent citizens." -- Suzy Kassem

CJ Matt

I must admit some of the videos of the searches are a bit disturbing. If guns did get confiscating that was wrong. Guns should never be confiscated from law abiding citizens.

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
I was at Sam's Club the other day, at the customer service counter. Guy ahead of me was returning a... Pressure cooker. He and the customer service gal were making minor jokes about it, and I asked if he was turning it in before they were confiscated or had him on a watch list. Jokes in the right vein can be therapeutic. Not sure a politician making some joke though is appropriate.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
U21nsY9.jpg

TSA now working the utah Trax lines.
https://twitter.com/RideUTA/status/327451547439095808

sixstringsteve

pretty soon we're going to need to pass a background check to purchase fuel for our cars. Oh wait, the politicians get money from the oil tycoons, nevermind.

jentzschman

pretty soon we're going to need to pass a background check to purchase fuel for our cars. Oh wait, the politicians get money from the oil tycoons, nevermind.

So much for "land of the free"

It scares me to think of what this world will be like for my children, (if I ever get married and have any)

While I have great hope, I still find myself wondering how bad it will be in 20,30, or 50 years from now....

sixstringsteve

people are starting to wake up and question the government's motives, which is a really good thing. I am hopeful for the future, but I think it's going to get worse before it gets better.

roverrocks

people are starting to wake up and question the government's motives, which is a really good thing. I am hopeful for the future, but I think it's going to get worse before it gets better.
Read Ayn Rand's monumentally prophetic 1950's novel of "Atlas Shrugged". I think we are only at the tip of the iceberg. I 100% percent believe that things are going to get a great deal worse in this country, much worse. We ain't seen nothing yet.

sixstringsteve

Read Ayn Rand's monumentally prophetic 1950's novel of "Atlas Shrugged". I think we are only at the tip of the iceberg. I 100% percent believe that things are going to get a great deal worse in this country, much worse. We ain't seen nothing yet.

I've been reading it for a while. And re-reading 1984, and animal farm.

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
Don't forget the original person of Interest, the Saudi national is a student... SUPPOSED to be in Ohio for school, yet was living in Boston. Yes, there needs to be a tightening of student Visas...