Bound up Driveshaft

myemontana

Need some help. In order to get my front Dana 60 centered under my Bronco it was shifted drivers side. Now when I went to put in the driveshaft it binds up on the Axle yoke when its rotated. The driveshaft is angled out towards the drivers side, the angle is not that bad since it was a high pinion 60. What to do to solve this ^&$*(#*&%** problem???

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
What size joint? Can you grind the yoke a little? maybe offset tom woods u joints. What is the height of the vehicle and the axle? How long is the drive shaft

myemontana

Now im not to sure if it was bound up vertical or horizontal. I got so pissed that I quit working on it. Only know it was binding up on the pinion yoke. Been looking at High Angle driveline on the internet and they make a deep pinion yoke wonder if that would be the easy fix? Axle came out of a F350 1989

STAG

On my grind
X2 on the offset U-joint from TomWoods...

SF131_135_141.jpg

off_set300x414.jpg

You can find more info here- and then scroll down to smack dab center of the page and you will see "Super-Flex" Universal Joint

http://www.4xshaft.com/index.html

_Auzzy_

Web Wheeling Extraordinaire
I'm going to run the 1310 in both my lines. I hope they are strong enough. especially for $60 a piece. but not to sure on the Zerk placement. I have dragged my yoke quite abit so I would be afriad it would snap it off.

Last edited:

STAG

On my grind
I'm going to run the 1310 in both my lines. I hope they are strong enough. especially for $60 a piece. but not to sure on the Zerk placement. I have dragged my yoke quite abit so I would be afriad it would snap it off.

They have a lifetime guarantee iirc...and build a yoke guard for it to protect the zerts :greg: