Bowhunters?

DAA

So? How's the bowhunt going?

Mine turned out pretty decent. Had mechanical issues (seriously!), cost me several chances at decent buck, ended up killing a dink on my last day because nothing better than a dink would stand still long enough for me to sort out the mechanical issues I was having :D.

I had a GREAT time, great hunt though. Saw tons of buck (though almost all of them were dinks...), passed up slam dunks on a dozen small ones, including a couple nicer than what I ended up taking - and as far as that goes, on Sat. I passed up a slam dunk shot on the same buck I ended up deciding to tag on Wed. Had my chances at decent buck that I couldn't get my crap in the right pile to take advantage of, weather was perfect (rained every day), saw plenty of road hunters but not one single other hunter while out walking (which is where I saw ALL the buck). Good food, good camping, great scenery, went almost six days without having to talk to anyone except my dog. Had a bear in camp two nights (my dog is getting so old he won't even chase a bear anymore and I found out I'm too old to chase them too...). Talked to coyotes every night, saw four of them, called one in with my voice and came "this close" to getting a shot at it with my bow. Really couldn't ask for more, except maybe to have made it happen on one of the decent buck I had chances at - but I did have those chances, so not complaining!

Oh, and I did NOT get stalked by a lion this year - bummer...

How 'bout y'all?!

IMG_1367W.JPG

IMG_1378W.JPG

- DAA

DAA

Man, you NEED to make it happen. I usually do a lot of fun, neat, outdoor stuff every year. But, year in and year out, the highlight is my bowhunt. BTW and along similar lines - I finally took up backpacking this summer and did some great trips, found out I love it, and now I'm absolutely kicking myself for not starting a long time ago! Not to mention, after covering nearly 60 miles in the Uintas just two weeks before the bowhunt, I was in shape to stalk those mountains chasing those deer like never before.

- DAA

mesha

By endurance we conquer
One of these days I will do it.

Nothing gives you sense of freedom like a real extended backpacking trip(overnighters are fun, but don't count). I am glad you finally got into it. I have some amazing trips planned for next summer and can't wait.

Backpacking will for sure get you in shape.

Man, you NEED to make it happen. I usually do a lot of fun, neat, outdoor stuff every year. But, year in and year out, the highlight is my bowhunt. BTW and along similar lines - I finally took up backpacking this summer and did some great trips, found out I love it, and now I'm absolutely kicking myself for not starting a long time ago! Not to mention, after covering nearly 60 miles in the Uintas just two weeks before the bowhunt, I was in shape to stalk those mountains chasing those deer like never before.

- DAA

OB1

I've only bow hunted a few times, but love the challenge. I've been shooting my bow alot this year but decided to muzzleload this year for deer and then ended up only getting out a couple days and not filling my tag. To me anything with a bow is a trophy. I'm heading to Arizona in Feb to try for a Jevalina with the bow but may take the TC just in case. I always injoy your pics.

John