Boy Scouts Forest Lake Trip Aug 20

fj40fax

I have a SPOT and I will take it up around noon when we leave. Anyone wanting to come up can go online and look at my shared page and get exact coordinates of where we are before leaving the house.

fj40fax

Anybody else able to help out with this? So far we don't have enough seats to get the scouts up there. Please come if you can, we are hoping to have enough seats by this weekend.

Thanks

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
My check engine light just came on in the Wrangler...I'll hopefully have it fixed this weekend but will let you know for sure...I have a good idea that it's an O2 sensor so hopefully it won't be too hard to fix.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I think I have it fixed, it threw a code for missfire, or a number of other things which made it hard to just figure it out. So I started with checking the plugs, when I put it back together it ran fine. I think it was just a loose coil pack. Should be good to go now, I'll drive it around the next couple days and make sure.

metalry101

R/C addict
So if I understand correctly...

Meet at Dutchman's Flat at 6pm Friday, eat dinner, drive scouts up Forest Lake Trail, drop them off at the lake where they camp for the night. Drive home. They hike out the next morning?

I could do that. I've got some clunking in the front end of the Jeep that I can't figure out, but it survived Rattlesnake and AF Canyon the weekend of the 24th, and I was pretty hard on it then. I can't promise not to swear, though I can try really hard. I was a scout from age 5-18 and still help out with my troop on occasion.

Oh, and I don't know how picky you are about shoulder belts...I've got 4 seatbelts not including me, but only the two front ones are shoulder belts. The back just has lap belts.

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I've officially got one seat available is all Fax. I'll be taking my 40 but Jada (my mutt) will be coming along and occupies the back seat. LMK if thats helpful at all? Also Richard Dyatt is coming up too, he'll be in his 62 I presume and could have anywhere from 1-3 seats available but you'll need to follow up with him on that.

fj40fax

Awesome, looks like this is coming together! We have another couple guys on PM that are trying to secure a spot that will give quite a few more seats.

Should be a fun collection of vehicles too. Can't wait to hear the scouts discussing whose rig was best around the campfire, I think I have them pretty convinced that Cruisers are the best vehicle ever made, but we'll see...

Thanks for all the help, still open if a few more want to join up.
Fax

sixstringsteve

What a great idea. I'm an assistant scoutmaster and I've been wanting to take the scouts out, but I don't have enough seats obviously. What a great idea and way to involve the 4x4 community. If my rig were ready I would definitely be there to help out.

fj40fax

I threw up a test spot broadcast up on my shared page from the family's trip to cascade springs today. With this our drivers can get exact coordinates of where we are before you enter the canyon. I was going to have it track us on the way home but I apparently didn't hold the button long enough so it just sent another OK message on our way home.

www.tinyurl.com/faxspot

password is: faxon

Try it out, maybe even try it on your phone to make sure you can get our coordinates. If you can't i can have it text you our coordinates if you send me a PM.

We will also plant an American flag on the side of the road by where we will be parked for dinner.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Ok quick update...Jeep is running like garbage, check engine light is flashing. I'll do what I can maybe I'll see if anyone on here can help.

krany

kranberry
what time is this gonna be happening? i see the dinner at the lake? at 6-630 so where/what time is everyone meeting, just go straight to dutchmans, then up to forest lake?

fj40fax

We will just meet straight at Dutchman's. Check the link in post #34, that will give you our exact coordinates after about 2 or 2:30 on Friday. Just look for the flag on the road. How many seats do you have, krany?