Boy Scouts Forest Lake Trip Aug 20

fj40fax

We'd rather have shoulder belts, but beggars can't be too choosy. Let me know if you have any shoulders / how many lap belts and I'll add you to the list in the first post.

fj40fax

You're in, but if we have shoulder belts available we'll use them first. We could almost certainly use some more space for backpacks. It'll be fun to have you along, the scouts are gonna love the green machine.

fj40fax

I rented one once, probably the best $20 I ever spent, wrestled with my cast iron T-case for about 2 hours, ran down and rented it, and was done in a half hour, on the way back to the rental shop.

krany

kranberry
We will just meet straight at Dutchman's. Check the link in post #34, that will give you our exact coordinates after about 2 or 2:30 on Friday. Just look for the flag on the road. How many seats do you have, krany?
i will have 3-4 seats, possibly 1 shoulder belt and 3 lap belts availible. plus plenty trunk space in the back.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
If I do make it which I plan on doing what I need to. I can fit three scouts with should belts if we have extra rigs for back packs, if no extra rigs then I'll still be at two with one seat for bags. Or I can always take the rear seat out and do one scout and a bunch of bags in the back.

I'll be swapping out the crank position sensor on my lunch break today and if all goes well I'll have a good news update by this afternoon.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Ok looks like I've got it solved. I'm going to do a test run up Farmington Canyon tonight to make sure the plugs don't foul up again but I think it should be good to go.

Bonker

I'm in for sure... have room for 4 scouts and gear... haven't heard from my brother yet but he's still a possibility. How long should I plan from the reservoir up to dutch man flat?

fj40fax

That's 10 rigs and enough seat belts as long as everyone makes it. Should be a great little run, the scouts are gonna love it. We should have a good assortment of vehicles there also.

3 Cruisers
4 Jeeps
1 Sami
What else? Any Buggys?

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Ok good to go. Jeep did great up Farmington, even took the 15 back at 70 with no issues. I am going to tear it apart tomorrow and put some actual lift springs under it instead of those stupid lift pucks. I am in for sure now so you can un-cross your fingers.

metalry101

R/C addict
How many seats do you have so far? I can be there if you need me with 1 shoulder belt, 3 lap belts, and plenty of space in the back and the roof rack for packs.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Anybody gonna be out there wheeling during the day? If I still feel like it after scouting for deer in the morning I might head up there a little early and hit some trails.