Boy Scouts Forest Lake Trip Aug 20

Ima9er

Crazy Man
tjdukit i would love to meet up with ya in the morning or afternoonish... but i still don't have a trailer(no job= no extra funds) so i hope yall will have fun playing around tomorrow

fj40fax

Just got back from grocery shopping, soft tacos-a-plenty. We are leaving 12:30 to 1:00ish. I will send a spot message as soon as we get to Dutchman Flats:

www.tinyurl.com/faxspot

Password: faxon

We will also have little talkabout radios on channel 22 if anyone has those.

Last edited:

XJess98

Thought I would check, with richpblaze out do you need additional seats? I've got three shoulder belts and one lap belt, not including me. I'm new to the area, I live up in Kaysville but I would be happy to meet up with somone to follow them to dutchman flat if the extra space is needed? I could probably take 2-3 packs depends on how big the packs are. I'm in our scouting program up here and thought this looks like a great idea. I would be a little slower getting down there as I would leave Kaysville around 5 and I'm guessing it would take me 1.5 hours to get there? Anyhow I'll check back to see if you need any help.

Again, if you need the extra and someone wouldn't mind meeting up/waiting for the newbie I'd be happy to help.

fj40fax

As of right now we have 7 scouts coming and 9 rigs. We should be great on seats. Kaysville is about 2.5 hours from Dutchman Flats. Which would put you there at about 7:30. I really hope we will be halfway to Forest Lake by then. Thanks for the offer though, if you do one with your troop let me know I could most likely help!

Coordinates of Dutchman Flats:

40° 31.573'N
111° 36.350'W

I will send an OK message when we leave, and one from where dinner will be served :)

Just look for the OK messages on the tracking page.

Fun group! It's been a while since I did Forest Lake, brought back memories. I thought about the different vehicles I've driven up there, and the time I rode across the lake in some guys truck running tall farm tractor tires. Trail seems to be about the same though, just hard enough to give a stocker a workout. Two of us helped change a flat on a passport (rodeo) just past the river, I bet he had fun in the mud puddles.

My 7yo hadn't been on that road, and asked several times on our way up how hard it was, what it was like, etc. As we went through the rocks just up the hill from the river crossing, I told him that was the hardest part. About halfway up to the lake, in the rutted section, he leaned over to me and said, "Dad, this is the easiest trail we've ever done." When he gets a little older, he'll have to drive it in a stocker. He also announced that he wants a manual tranny so he can "be cool and drive it without using the gas."

The scouts seemed to have fun, and they have cool leaders!

fj40fax

Glad you made it up, sorry you missed out on the tacos.

Just making sure everybody made it out OK, I'll post up a trail report in the appropriate section here in a bit.

Thanks to all who came out, the scouts had a great time!

Fax

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Yeah that flat tire was a little irritating...I just wanted to go home, thanks for the help on that one, the driver of that Rodeo barely lifted a finger, I guess it was just faster that way.

krany

kranberry
Yeah that flat tire was a little irritating...I just wanted to go home, thanks for the help on that one, the driver of that Rodeo barely lifted a finger, I guess it was just faster that way.
i wondered what happened to you guys. didn't see any of you for a while. it was a fun trip. it was nice to put faces to names.:)