brake line lock

wrangler

for those about to rock..
does anyone use a brake line lock on their rear disk brake setup? How does it work and where can i get parts? Does it work to keep the vehical street legal?

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
it does not take the place of a parking brake for legality...tho it should

I am actually running a ball valve in my rear brake line. Works slick. I bought the valve from EVCO for like 20 bucks

If you want the electric ones.....Summitracing.com or Jegs.com will have them

chadschoon

I've ran the ball valve before and had good luck with it. Like stated above I don't think it would pass safety. This is the one I just installed in my buggy

43862ce3.jpg

R

rockdog

sweet thanks, how do i install the ball valve style?
I've got one on the troll. Cut the line going to the back brakes. Then route it to where you want your ball valve to go. Install the ball valve and tie the line back together. Then bleed the air out. To use it, step hard on the brakes- close the valve- let off the pedal. The rear brake fluid is trapped under pressure. I honestly don't use mine much. But I put it in for front digs. I found I could just hold my foot on the pedal and gas it and the front would peel around with the back locked up.

chadschoon

you can also use it for rear digs as well. close the valve when not under pressure which wont allow fluid to the rear brakes. Then hold down the brake pedal locking the front brakes only. They work pretty good for what it is.

ricsrx

X3 on the Subaru line lock, i have one sitting in the shop waiting to be installed on a project.

Last edited:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
On my old comp buggy I ran electric line locks, then switched to a ball valve. The ball valve is the way to go. It will not pass safety inspection as a substitue for a parking brake though.

Venture13

I run 4 electric line locks on mine, but after I installed the cutting brakes I rarely ever use. Mostly the line locks are for parking at crazy angles so I can get out and take pictures. Also When I am winching someone out they are nice to have. 3 wheel burns... Oh, the mechanical lever type are way better than the mechanical push button type. Wilwood makes all types including the lever style. Summit racing house brand it te best bang for teh buck. You can get a line lock for as low as 30 bucks in electric. I actually have like 3 or 4 lightly used ones from a few builds. You can try one out for free and keep if you like it.