Break in the Susan Powell case?

Caleb

I really hope she ran off and/or he's innocent. It would be the biggest upset for all these people who can't give benefit of the doubt without knowing much about the case at all.
While I agree with this, as Kurt has said, why would he not be willing to be 100% cooperative with the authorities?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
While I agree with this, as Kurt has said, why would he not be willing to be 100% cooperative with the authorities?

Exactly... he's been very reluctant to help at all. He wouldn't even show authorities where he went camping. He had all the power to remove suspicion from himself yet he chose to come off as a creep. The public eye is responding to that.

ricsrx

Well Steve very informative, I started to think of all the crap i give cops when ever i get pulled over, and they write it on the back of the ticket, Im sure they have to use two pages...

I see that Mr Powell is a very smart man. innocent untill proven guilty, he is going to make them work for a conviction, and i think they will get it.

Last edited:

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
from KSL.com

BREAKING NEWS: JOSH POWELL'S HOME SEARCHED BY POLICE

Police are currently searching the Washington home of Josh Powell, husband of the missing Susan Cox Powell. Stay with ksl.com, KSL TV and KSL Newsradio 102.7FM/1160AM for the latest updates.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
from KSL.com

BREAKING NEWS: JOSH POWELL'S HOME SEARCHED BY POLICE

Police are currently searching the Washington home of Josh Powell, husband of the missing Susan Cox Powell. Stay with ksl.com, KSL TV and KSL Newsradio 102.7FM/1160AM for the latest updates.

But it took longer than they expected, because the officers all had to change their clothes first.

Joking aside, this is great news.

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
"About a dozen investigators from West Valley and 10 forensics experts and detectives from the Pierce County Sheriff's Office"

Hmmm sounds like they may have found something in nevada.....

Cherokeester

They are now out at Topaz mt. The saga continues!

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52582781-78/search-mountain-powell-topaz.html.csp

The Salt Lake Tribune
First published 59 minutes ago
Updated 12 minutes ago

TOPAZ MOUNTAIN — The latest desert search for Susan Cox Powell resumed Wednesday morning with plans to search another swath of land and maybe some mines.

West Valley City police arrived at the mountain at 9:11 a.m. and again unloaded all-terrain vehicles to traverse the dirt trails and sagebrush. Handlers prepared cadaver dogs for the search, too.

West Valley City police Lt. Bill Merritt said offices plan to search some abandoned mines in the area, but he did not know if that would be done Wednesday. The plan for Wednesday was to search an area northeast of Tuesday’s search.

The search Tuesday covered about 12 square miles, Merritt said.

Topaz Mountain, in Juab County, is about 35 miles northwest of Delta and is a popular area for gem and rock hunters. Police have said Josh Powell, the only person of interest named in his wife’s disappearance, liked to rock hunt and Topaz Mountain is about 30 miles from where Josh Powell says he took his two young sons camping the night his wife disappeared from their West Valley City home.

Police began their search around Topaz Mountain on Monday. Merritt has said detectives plan to search the area through Thursday.

Dal Bone

Somebody better have eyes on Josh Powell. Would not be surprised to see him heading north to the Canada border....

muleskinner

Somebody better have eyes on Josh Powell. Would not be surprised to see him heading north to the Canada border....

I hope they find her but I doubt they will. In one of the first reports they noted how dry and cracked his hands were the day after he came back from "camping".

Lime tends to do that to your skin.

cowmilker

SUPER CHEESY
Just thinking about who else this could be, the question comes to my mind. Did they ever find the missing army guy that got lost out there from Dougway? (I realize there is quite some distance between Topaz Mountain and Dougway, but people can wonder pretty far when they're lost)