Breaking news....no more breaking!!! 60 CVs are here!!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Do any of you Mepco/Tera dude know who was making the D60 CV's for them? Are these the same ones with some refining?

I would love to check one out, I'll have to get with you guys on arrangments...

What kind of ballpark pricing do you expect?

S

sukaB

spencurai said:
You guys thought alloys and CTMs were the cat's meow.....wow did I just use that....cat's meow...what was I thinking....
anyway....

:eek:
How in the hell would you know you dana 30 runnin BIATCH.......

Breakin 60's!

Put Your Daddy back on the mic....

Andy

aka. Hollywood
sukaB said:

Breakin 60's!

Watch it! the dogs of war are at bay right now. :D

They are going to sell in the $2800 range, we are planning an outting .... stay tuned????

Andy

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
sukaB said:

Breakin 60's!

dont make me unzip and make you talk to the pink mike crack head :suka:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
troutbum said:
someone want to outline the advantages (specifically) for the un-birf initiated?

mainly, no bind at angles. U-joints have very distinct binding issues while turning at high angles.

This binding issue also causes stress that spikes and destroys parts. CVs are constant and have no binding.

These CVs take up absolutely every milimeter of space in the knuckle of the D-60 and as such have a lot of material to strengthen them.

CVs are a bit harder to maintain...but probably about even to a CTM which requires frequent attention.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
troutbum said:
Are people really breaking the CTMs?

I hear a few people are here and there. I haven't broke mine yet, thankfully... Even if I did, I'm sure Jack would take care of me. :)

*edit* - Mine are only D44 CTMs...

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I have never seen a broken stock 60 joint in person, much less a CTM... Really the only thing that seems to break with any frequency is 30 spline outers. Once ya upgrade to 35s they're tough to break. I've only managed to break one 30 spline outer shaft in twoish years, of course I baby my rig. :rolleyes: Seems like a solution seeking a problem. Do they turn tighter than u-joints? That would be nice.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
RockMonkey said:
I have never seen a broken stock 60 joint in person, much less a CTM... Really the only thing that seems to break with any frequency is 30 spline outers. Once ya upgrade to 35s they're tough to break. I've only managed to break one 30 spline outer shaft in twoish years, of course I baby my rig. :rolleyes: Seems like a solution seeking a problem. Do they turn tighter than u-joints? That would be nice.

tighter and without the bind.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
gonna have to get back to you on the exact number....excellent questions from everyone so far. I promise manufacturer stats are forthcoming...

S

sukaB

Spence you can't even see that thing under there!!!!!!! :D :p :ugh: -_- :rofl:

CV's
Someone around here tried that about two years ago and it didnt work so well...
Price and some other things that will be learned.. ;)

I wonder why walker went back to U-Joints

Brett

Meat-Hippy
cruiseroutfit said:
Do any of you Mepco/Tera dude know who was making the D60 CV's for them? Are these the same ones with some refining?

I would love to check one out, I'll have to get with you guys on arrangments...

What kind of ballpark pricing do you expect?

ask bryson