Brick Mason Advice Wanted

ZUKEYPR

No advice from me, sorry. I just wanted to say what you've done, so far, is really impressive. Really nice work.

Thanks, 19.5' across, 4.5' deep. The fire ring is 6' across point to point and 2' deep. 14 tons of road base underneath it, 2 cubic yard dry well underneath that, 9 tons of stone forming the walls. three years to build. All by myself with the exception of soliciting help to pure the 13.5 yards of concrete for the stairs, pony walls, and two pads. I jsut need advice on capping this sucker. I got a plan, but don't really like it.

ichi-san

Earthbound Misfit
Have you thought about making precast concrete cap stones? Say six pieces, one for each side. Miter the corners. Overhang the inside and outside edges about an inch or two. Make the forms out of plywood and 2x4's. Mix up some concrete and throw in a couple of rebar. If you wanted to get fancy you can add some color to the mix. Depending on how symmetric your walls are, you might only need one form. I've never done it myself but seems like it might work. There are several videos on YouTube.