Bridgewater or Lee????????

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
From an email:

Our government is run by those who choose to get involved. Senator Robert Bennett has been ousted by the Utah Republican party. The GOP primary election will allow YOU to choose between Tim Bridgewater and Mike Lee. I don't know very much about either candidate....yet. But, what I have learned about Mike Lee makes him my favorite at this point.
Study for yourself THEN GO VOTE in the primary elections next month.
Mike's website can be found at: www.mikelee2010.com/ .
Tim's is located at: www.timbridgewater.com/ .
JOIN -- PARTICIPATE -- DONATE.....AND VOTE !!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 4, 2010
Mike Lee Leaves Campaign Trail to Defend Kane County’s R.S. 2477
Rights
Arguing before the 10th Circuit Court in Denver, Lee fights environmental groups on behalf of Kane County
Denver, CO, May 4, 2010 — With only four days before the Utah State Republican Convention, U.S. Senate
candidate Mike Lee took a 48-hour leave of absence from the campaign trail to argue on behalf of Kane
County’s R.S. 2477 rights. The case, Wilderness Society v. Kane County is a federal lands dispute brought on
by two environmental groups.
The dispute began after Kane County passed an ordinance allowing off-highway vehicle use across certain
established R.S. 2477 right-of-way roads in the Grand Staircase-Escalante. Two environmental groups—the
Wilderness Society and Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance (“SUWA”)—brought suit against Kane County
alleging that BLM management policies trumped Kane County’s ordinance. In August 2009, the Tenth Circuit
granted standing to the Wilderness Society and SUWA, ignored Kane County’s R.S. 2477 rights-of-way,
and held that the Kane County ordinance was pre-empted by federal law. This case is on appeal for rehearing
before the entire Tenth Circuit Court with Mike Lee arguing the case for Kane County.
Campaign Manager Ryan McCoy commented: “Mike has been front and center in this fight, working with
the state legislature in battling the encroachment of the federal government and extreme environmental
groups on Utah land. From a campaign standpoint, every minute is important at this stage of the race, but
Mike felt it was critical for him to see this case through and fight for the rights of Kane County and the citizens
of Utah.
Deputy Campaign Manager Dan Hauser added: "Many people don't realize that this is the kind of law Mike
practices. Candidates often talk about getting the over-reaching federal government out of our lives, lands,
and businesses, but Mike Lee does it every day. State's rights and land issues aren't just campaign talking
points for Mike, he has been out there leading the way by testifying before the Utah state legislature on several
state-sovereignty bills and fighting in the courtroom to defend the constitutional rights of his clients."
Mike will return to the campaign trail Wednesday morning with a full slate of events, interviews, and meetings.
For details go to www.mikelee2010.com.
About Mike Lee: An attorney from Alpine, Utah, Mike has spent his career helping individuals and organizations
get overreaching government regulations and control out of their lives and businesses. A lifetime
student of the Constitution, he graduated from the Brigham Young University Law School. Mike
served as a law clerk to Judge Dee Benson of the U.S. District Court for the District of Utah and later spent
time as General Counsel to Governor Jon Huntsman. Mike has twice served as a law clerk to current Supreme
Court Justice Samuel Alito. He first clerked for the solidly conservative jurist at the U.S. Court of
Appeals for the Third Circuit, then was asked to return as a clerk during Justice Alito’s important first year
on the bench of the U.S. Supreme Court. Mike has also held positions in private practice, and is currently a
partner with the Washington, D.C.-based law firm of Howrey LLP. His understanding of the Constitution
and law have made him a valuable resource for individuals and organizations throughout the country.
FRIENDS OF MIKE LEE, INC. | MIKELEE2010.COM | (801) 784-0052
Boyd Matheson, Communications Director
801.380.4669 | bmatheson@mikelee2010.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
WWW.MIKELEE2010.COM

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
I met Mr. Lee at the February Capitol Rally... Talked for quite awhile. He has a vested interest in off-roading. He is a Jeep owner and OHV enthusiast. I did dodge my question when I asked if he was a member of the U4WDA, but in general he seamed to have a good working knowledge of current land use issues, and our goals at keeping trails open. So far he has my vote.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
There will be an opportunity to see. At Your Leisure and USA-All will be hosting a land use debate between the two of them. I do not know the location or date, but I know it will air on an upcoming edition of AYL on channel 4.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
There will be an opportunity to see. At Your Leisure and USA-All will be hosting a land use debate between the two of them. I do not know the location or date, but I know it will air on an upcoming edition of AYL on channel 4.

From email:

Utah Republican Senate Candidate Public Lands Debate: TOMORROW
Dear Paul,

We wanted to let you know about this informative debate that will take place tomorrow. You are invited to personally attend. The debate will take place between republican candidates for Utah's junior senate seat, Tim Bridgewater and Mike Lee. These candidates will face off in a primary election. The primary is next Tuesday June 22. The winner will go on to face the Democrats chosen candidate Mr. Sam Granato for this fall's general election.

The debate will be focused singularly on public land related issues.

Questions have been prepared with the consultation of many state and county leaders and experts in land use issues.

We would love to see hundreds in attendance. You may also have the chance to briefly meet the candidates after it is over.

If you can't make the debate don't worry. It will air this weekend on "At Your Leisure." Check out their website for viewing times and channels or to watch the debate in streaming video at www.atyourleisure.info .

Here is the debate location and times:
Be in your seats by 9:00 AM. Shooting will take place from 9-10 AM.

CANYON RIM PARK - 3100 SOUTH (GRACE STREET) 3250 EAST, SLC
Amphitheater with a round step-stage and seating for 650 located at the west end of the park. Parking for the west end is on the street and Monday through Saturday at the neighboring church.
In case of bad weather...

COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS CITY COUNCIL OFFICES - 1265 EAST FORT UNION BLVD.

Event Info
June 17, 2010
9-10 AM
3100 S 3250 E, SLC, UT.

mikkop64

lee ha ha ha

anybody that has the power to get a radio talk show host fired for being critical of him does not get my vote

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Watching the debate on AYL right now, tune in if you're up and you see this. I have been leaning towards Lee all along, and this debate is cementing that-- I don't dislike what Bridgewater is saying, but he does not seem, to me, to have a personal... interest, I guess, in the issues regarding our concerns.

edit: Lee's summary of the RS477 issue seems insightful and accurate. :D

edit mk2: Debate's over. Again, Bridgewater did alright, but lacked vigor I think.

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
anybody that has the power to get a radio talk show host fired for being critical of him does not get my vote

Are you referring to Bob Lonsberry? He is a former NY'er, from the Rochester area, and I am 100% sure there is more to that story than we are hearing. He was around local events quite a bit, I've had opportunity to talk to him several times... I draw my opinion of him from those experiences. :D

mikkop64

yes. my worry is a lawyer who is fighting so hard to not let a state have rights, to stop nuclear waste coming in, yet states he is pro constitution. Read and study what he has been duing as an attorney for the last couple of years. As to more of the story Energy Solutions is one of the biggest sponsors of knrs which is who Mike lee works for

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Explain how Lee is fighting not to let a state have rights?? and why is stopping nuclear waste coming in a bad thing, OR against the constitution? The way I see it, that's a states' rights issue in part, which is an issue that points to someone being at least partly in favor of the constitution.
The more to the story I was referring to is that Bob Lonsberry can be a real d*ck. :D

mikkop64

Mike Lee works as an atorney for energy solutions, he has been working with the federal government to make utah take nuculear waste, even though the state has said they do not want it. Where are the state rights in that one, if the feds tell us we have to take it. I am not against the waste coming here, but the Governor has said they do not want it. As a side note when Lee worked for Huntsman he was against the waste coming here. but know he wants it to come

mikkop64

I read my earlier post and it came out wong. he wants nuculear waste to come here.I also have had problems with some of the things Lonsberry said, but to lose your job over who you choose to support in an election is wrong