Bring it back, would ya?

Hi all,

I recently purchased a 1980 1ton Chevy box truck for parts from the Pleasant Grove Water Dept. My buddy works there and we bid $1,000 bucks for the thing because I needed the axles (front kingpin dana 60, rear 14 bolt) and t-case.

After we paid for it and were waiting to dismantle it there at the PG shop, someone cut the back fence at the shop and stole both axle housings off the truck. I can not believe the nerve of some guys, perhaps they thought they were taking it from PG city and didn't think it would directly harm someone. It was VERY hard to come up with the money to pay for the truck in the first place, and there is definately no money to buy more axles... so we are screwed for quite some time.

I am not in anyway bashing any of the readers of RME, but if the guys who stole my axles are on here, please, please bring them back. Just dump them out by the fence where they where they were taken.

Thanks,
-Adam

KToy

wow i would say if you find out who did it.. i say you take your 1000 dollar axles and shove them up there bung hole.

thats what you get in my opinion. and i bet they are on this board or are building a rockcrawler near that shop so keep you eye out for a open garage with a buildup project.

CJJ92yj

it's possible that it was someone who also placed a bid on the vehicle. See if you can obtain a list of bidders and go from there. Doubt they'd give you the list though. Maybe a friend knows a friend who knows a friend who could get it though.

richpblaze

What???????

:mad2: I can't believe there are two of you ASSuming the people on this site are THIEVES. I gues sYOU got what was coming to you If you TALK BS LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!! GO to another board. :mad2:

KToy

well all im saying is that ppl that rockcrawl in utah on most likely on this board. and not all ppl on rme are what you call social... they roam around and watch and read but dont post.

maybe they use the board as in watch it and get ppls address but dont have a login and what not.

but whatever man be mad i guess ppl on here are great. but dont judge a book by its cover.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
KToy said:
well all im saying is that ppl that rockcrawl in utah on most likely on this board. and not all ppl on rme are what you call social... they roam around and watch and read but dont post.

maybe they use the board as in watch it and get ppls address but dont have a login and what not.

but whatever man be mad i guess ppl on here are great. but dont judge a book by its cover.
Huh???

KToy

I can't believe there are two of you ASSuming the people on this site are THIEVES

he thinks we are assuming that ppl on this board stole his axles. so now he is ripping into us and saying we should be useing this board.

make sense hickey ?

DevinB

I like traffic lights
KToy said:
well all im saying is that ppl that rockcrawl in utah [are] most likely on this board...

HARDLY. I know tons of people that are hardcore crawlers and I seriously doubt they even know this board exists, let alone visit it just to get addresses to rip people off. :rolleyes:

KToy

so its impossible that they people that stole these axles are on here ????

also blaze to say that you glad he got ripped off.. all i have to say is what goes around comes around. maybe ill see ya in moab and have to ask you ifyou axles or tires got stolen yet.

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
richpblaze said:
:mad2: I can't believe there are two of you ASSuming the people on this site are THIEVES. I gues sYOU got what was coming to you If you TALK BS LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!! GO to another board. :mad2:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

richpblaze said:

Well, I never ASSumed that the people who stole the axles would be readers here. I figure there is a chance that they actually are because obviously they have a particular need for a pair of HD axles. I figured if they weren't on here... then maybe someone here has been offered a deal on some axles that fit my description and they would tell me what they knew. Does that offend you? The level of crawler building needing these axles (if it even is a crawler builder) is a fairly small set of the community and a large percentage of that subset are on here... what better place could I start trying to find out info? I am sorry you took my post as a direct implication of you and/or the readers of RME, that was not my intention.

I appreciate the comments (and suggestions)

Thanks,
-Adam

Wow, I was ready this thread again trying to figure what I did to make it seem like I was making a general accusation against RME readers/members, and it hit me... THE THREAD TITLE.... My post, I thought, conveyed my feelings about this, but my thread title was in bad taste I realize. My apologies to all.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
KToy said:
so its impossible that they people that stole these axles are on here ????

I never said it was impossible. You made a gross over-generalization that people who rockcrawl are most likely on this board. I was arguing that, since I have first hand knowledge that maybe three of my maybe twenty friends that wheel visit this board. Does everyone one that you know that wheels, besides the ones you met on this board, visit this board? Where you even aware that other local Utah wheeling boards exist?

Either way, I'm sorry the axles were stolen. It sucks, big time. If I hear/see anything about any chebby axles, I'll pass the info along. If we find the guys that did it, let's be sure and ban their IP address from the board. :rolleyes:

KToy

your right devin lots of people dont use this board. and there dumb for not useing it. great site for info.

as for the people that stole the axles. well i hope they return them.

this is similar to when a vehicle gets stolen and they post on here so that people know what it looks like and what not so if anyone sees it on this board they can turn them into the police.

i think that is what he was going for and its just blew up.

anyways i hope they are not on this board and i hope that you find them.

ALF

SURE!?
Hey I'll get this thread back on track. I'LL KEEP MY EYES AND EARS OPEN FOR YOU. It sucks they got stolen hope you get them back. Maybe when you get them back it will have been rebuilt for you :eek: