"Britney" in the snow & pritchet canyon (my sons first roll)

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
Me & some buddies went down & played on the rocks in moab over pres. weekend.
sat morning we headed out to play in pritchet canyon. it was a gorgeous day!! 55-60*
We had a blast as usual! the day was pretty smoothe till we got to the rock pile.
my son porter was excited to climb rocker knocker & rock pile. I told him he had to climb rocker knocker solo,
before he could try rok pile. it took him a few tries, but he made it up rocker knocker on his own.
so I let him give it a go on rik pile. I climbed it first, to show him. Then I had him practice some reverse recoveries.
On his second try we ended up wheeliing over, doh!! HE SAID "well I guess that gets my first roll out of the way"

[video=youtube_share;BukOgQHvurg]http://youtu.be/BukOgQHvurg[/video]

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
on mon. we went out to BFE to check out the new trails. there was a fresh blanket of snow from
sundays storm (2-3") so we didnt plan on doing anything real serious. when we made it down to the start of britney,
(on our way to dropkick) I thought it might be fun to see how far I could get up britney in the snow. What a blast!
It was pretty slick & sloppy!! heres a few pics

After britney,we went over & checked out drop kick & smashing pupkins. both look like great new trails! we dinked around on drop kick
for a min.. then flipped back around & headed out.

heres a clip of me on RP

[video=youtube_share;f_Ig_4N9lp4]http://youtu.be/f_Ig_4N9lp4[/video]

& heres a few more Random pics from our trip

Attachments

• DSCF1497.jpg
    DSCF1497.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCF1524.jpg
    DSCF1524.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCF1528.jpg
    DSCF1528.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCF1529.jpg
    DSCF1529.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG766[1].jpg
    IMG766[1].jpg
    73 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCF1487.jpg
    DSCF1487.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCF1538.JPG
    DSCF1538.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG749[1].jpg
    IMG749[1].jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG751[1].jpg
    IMG751[1].jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG760[1].jpg
    IMG760[1].jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
It really looked like he had it. he just backed off a little early. afterwards
he told me " I got nervous & hit the brake" I told him that's a normal reaction, it takes some practice not to hit the breaks.
I was really proud of him! we talked about rolling before we started playing on it.
I told him the cage would keep us safe, But you can't let go of the wheel.
so we practiced that as well he has watched me screw up plenty of times! & knows what the consequences are. I've worried about him rolling. he did great!

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

how many kids can say they've wheeled pritchet? I'm an adult and I still haven't wheeled it. Way to go Porter! Goose, how are you liking the shorter wheelbase?

The new refresh/rebuild looks great!

Last edited:

1995zj

I'm addicted
Yeah he definitely had it if he had just kept on it a bit longer! Or if he had hit into reverse during his wheel stand. Looked fun though! Definitely takes practice/experience.

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
The truck was awesome! I really liked the wheelbase! like everything theres always a give & take, but I really liked the maneuverability that I gained.
I couldnt believe how small the truck felt!!

zukijames

Yeah he definitely had it if he had just kept on it a bit longer! Or if he had hit into reverse during his wheel stand. Looked fun though! Definitely takes practice/experience.

i dont think there are too many 12 year olds that can stab the clutch and hit reverse fast enough to save them. and with gooses super low crawl ratio he would of had to hit reverse and floor it !

i talked to porter about it last night and he said it was a little scarry but fun and glad he got it out of the way . he's going to be a dang good driver

zukijames

brian it looks like you got past the hard part of britney! im excited to try it with my wider axles.. and bigger tires.. once you get up in there and are leaning passanger.. thats pretty tuff with air shocks , narrow axles and 37s lol

1995zj

I'm addicted
i dont think there are too many 12 year olds that can stab the clutch and hit reverse fast enough to save them. and with gooses super low crawl ratio he would of had to hit reverse and floor it !

i talked to porter about it last night and he said it was a little scarry but fun and glad he got it out of the way . he's going to be a dang good driver

I wasn't aware he didn't have his driver's license....my comments are still the same though. He would've had it/saved it had either of those happened. I definitely wasn't knocking him in anyway, no matter how old he is.

zukijames

yup i agree with ya im still proud of him .. and for climbing rocker knocker with no one else in the truck thats pretty cool. there are alot of adults that have trouble on that climb!

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak

He said that he talked to ya last night. I knew that he was going to tip or roll it one day. So ive tried to prepare him. I know he can climb it, so in the end I was more proud of him
for the way he handled the roll. there were a bunch of built rigs there, & only a couple guys that wanted to try it.

britney was a blast! I wish it would have been dry thou! those boulders were dang slick with the snow & mud on them. I got about 1/2 way up the top section before I had to bust out the winch.

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
how many kids can say they've wheeled pritchet? I'm an adult and I still haven't wheeled it. Way to go Porter! Goose, how are you liking the shorter wheelbase?

The new refresh/rebuild looks great!

Im loving the wheel base! & I know I was like 27 before I ran a trail like that.

Coco

Im loving the wheel base! & I know I was like 27 before I ran a trail like that.

Your brave Porter!! Glad everyone is ok too! Back when I had my '85, I pulled up on Rock Pile, just to see how it felt. I didnt like the feeling, and backed off. (maybe only pushing 35s and the thought of breaking my DD had an effect on not trying it also :D )

Way to go for giving it a shot!! I thought you had it both trys!! It definately takes some practice to not hit the brakes. I've been there! Practice and work your way into it!

Either way, well done!!

Goose, loving the look of the re-vamp! Hopefully I can figure out something to build/wheel and we can all go out sometime!

J Kimmel

the first few times I went up rockpile it scared me to death, felt like you were winching straight up, now I just drive right up it. great video of your kid, he's 12?? Thats awesome :) he almost had it, a little more seat time and he will know exactly what the truck will do and what it wont.

Bart

Great video and experience. Yep, looked like he had it. He'll be a heck of a driver one of these days. That cage held up amazingly well. Nice build for sure.