Bronco Safari 2016

Raleigh

OMF Dave
Pics and videos are still coming in but I have a decent group of pics to start the trip report.
What a great event hosted by the Utah Bronco Club, primarily an Early Bronco club but they are fans of all Broncos.
This year there were officially 6 FSB at the Safari, however Broncoair did show up to say hi so that makes 7. There were 3 78/79 Broncos there including a Freewheeling Bronco that was built very nicely.

Like I said pics are still being posted, it was a long week and I don't have all of the pics yet but here is what I have.

All cleaned up and ready to roll!
bronco-moab-1.jpg

My trip was nearly dead before it started as I got stuck about 2 hours from home with a failed center ball on my rear cardan joint. I am running the front driveline from the F350 I got my axles from because it is stronger than the stock Bronco driveline. Well I guess the seal failed and some dirt got in there and killed it!
I had to spend the night in St. George and wait for Six States to open, what a great shop by the way. If you ever need service and are in the St. George area I highly recommend them! They had me up and running at a very fair price and very quickly.

So we missed out on day 1 of wheeling and breakfast, boo!

So my 1st day I decided to run Poison Spider, it was on my list of trails I wanted to do, what a great trail, rated a 7. With the front and rear locker in the Bronco is pretty much point and shoot lol, it just goes
On to the pics!!!
The group airing down at the trail head
poison-spider-9.jpg

These may be out of order FYI
poison-spider-1.jpg

poison-spider-2.jpg

poison-spider-3.jpg

poison-spider-4.jpg

poison-spider-5.jpg

poison-spider-6.jpg

poison-spider-7.jpg

poison-spider-9.jpg

poison-spider-10.jpg

poison-spider-11.jpg

poison-spider-12.jpg

Next day I went to Area BFE to play on Greenday and Minor Threat, ran both with no issues. (I am still waiting on pics from these trails, sorry!)

The last day was Metal Masher! Been wanting to do this one too, it is rated a 7-8 depending on options, I ran all the options haha
All but 1 FSB was on this trail!
metal-masher-3.jpg

Not many other pics just yet, they are coming.
Just my luck, the last obstacle, on the last trail of the last day, CARNAGE!
Well minor carnage IMO, some rear quarter damage, the quarter was already damaged so no biggie.
metal-masher-1.jpg

metal-masher-2.jpg

I have a video of this, WOW is all I can say haha.

The bronco ran great, had no issues at all, nothing broke or let me down. It is definitely a trail worth rig!

More to come!!!

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
:confused:-_--_-:confused:

...and your report is ?????

shh, don't tell, I snuck down there too.

Blew through Moab Rim, Cliff Hanger on Friday, then a up to the top of Yellow Hill and back down on Pritchett on Saturday before driving home.

I think took 4 scenery pics total for both days... Sorry...

I can add that it is handy to have Carl (Team Fred) on the trail for entertainment value and welding skills... :D

Great time of year and some great people to see on the trail.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
shh, don't tell, I snuck down there too.

Blew through Moab Rim, Cliff Hanger on Friday, then a up to the top of Yellow Hill and back down on Pritchett on Saturday before driving home.

I think took 4 scenery pics total for both days... Sorry...

I can add that it is handy to have Carl (Team Fred) on the trail for entertainment value and welding skills... :D

Great time of year and some great people to see on the trail.

Bronco-Dorks are good folk