• K20

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Jeep

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlackBear

Just looks like a bada**
I have an 86 K20 long bed. It has a 350/400/np208, Corp 10/14SF-456's. 35" at's 4" susp/3" body lift. I want to run trails maybe hit the rocks a little, use it for camping ect. Was thinking of going with 1 tons and a different lift/tires. My question is, should I just leave it as is (besides some more aggressive tires/rear locker) or build it up? I want to be able to run Moab, some of the passes in Colorado, etc. Would it be better to use my K20 as my trail/camp rig & build something small like a Jeep for the rocks/passes? I have seen some pretty decent rock rigs for 2-3k on KSL. So I'm a little torn.

Hope the makes at least a little bit of sense. :ugh:

4554x4

always modifing something
The Chev would be real easy to make rock ready, bolt in a 60 and a 14 bolt. I kinda know how you might feel. I have a 74 K20 that could be used for the easier trails. 44 and 14 bolt, both locked, but its too nice to beat it up. I built a trail rig, a 1 ton Blazer with a Doubler t-case and use the k20 to pull the Blazer to the trails.

Build both is my vote.

BlackBear

Just looks like a bada**
I had a feeling someone would say that, lol. I really do want to build the Chevy, just don't want to tear up the almost pristine body. I'm pretty rough with the truck, but not willing to bounce it off rocks and trees. So I could build it for anything short of Moab type stuff and build the second rig for carnage. :)

P.S. Are there any good places to source Dana 60's/14ff's out there? I've looked on ksl and found very little. Also, how about military tires cheap? Such as 38" Michelin XML's.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
P.S. Are there any good places to source Dana 60's/14ff's out there? I've looked on ksl and found very little. Also, how about military tires cheap? Such as 38" Michelin XML's.

There are 60's for sale on this site all the time. Also you can get those tires from ebay or Boyce.

BlackBear

Just looks like a bada**
Just wanted to thank everyone for the help, but I won't be moving back to Utah. My best friend in Vernal was killed in a rollover accident early Monday morning. No way I can go there now. Like I said, thanks again for the help guys.

4554x4

always modifing something
Just wanted to thank everyone for the help, but I won't be moving back to Utah. My best friend in Vernal was killed in a rollover accident early Monday morning. No way I can go there now. Like I said, thanks again for the help guys.

So sorry to hear that.