build thread for my 88 yota!

90 cherokee

so ive basickly started to build my 88 ex-cab pickup soon ill be doing a sas front with rear springs witch makes me wanna ask what i should do to the stock rear springs. any ways ive already put dual cases in it, and 35s with fake beedlocks. ive seen some of the flat belly builds and i like that idea... is it worth it? as of now its lifted with ifs and locked front and rear, i was told the rear springs are nova springs? when i got it it sat like a hot rod with the 4 inch blocks, i took those out and put 2 inchers and took 2 leaf packs out. im not really a big fan of the rear springs cause they arent to flexy... it also has pretty big shackles in the rear and i think ill get rid of those, ive been thinkin ill either find flexyer rear springs or do a home made revolver type of shackle, i wanna keep it around the hight that it is cause it feels really stable, i also plan on putting a full exo on it im gonna try to gear it down to 4.88s eventually and im sure there will be aven more.... o ya ill be getting rid of the front i gues ill just call it a bumper lol but im not to sure how long it will be tell i start the sas i hope within a month!!! all input and ideas are appreciated. and i will thank you all now for the help, comments and input during the build!

Last edited:

90 cherokee

here are some pics of what it looked like when i got it, and some of when i tipped it (most of you have probly seen them)
newyota.jpg
newyota2.jpg
newyota3.jpg
roll.jpg
rolly.jpg

and dont forget the new cat! :)

Jedisdead

Jed
I say yes on the flatbelly i am always getting hung up on mine. Chevy's in the rear is pretty common. I hear revolvers unload wierd and suck but no actual experience with them.

90 cherokee

I say yes on the flatbelly i am always getting hung up on mine. Chevy's in the rear is pretty common. I hear revolvers unload wierd and suck but no actual experience with them.
ive got revolvers on my 3rd gen and ive never had a problem with them. as far as i know my bed is to bobbed for 63s but i might try the 52s or whatever they are

big cherokee

a.r.c fabrication
keep your rears and work them into a pack for the front as they will move the axle forward 2 inches.

i run a crazy set of rear springs so i say use what works for you, mine are dodge 1 ton upper two leafs with a set of old man emu 3 inch lift springs for a cherokee, cut down and put under the one tons, rides awesome, flexes great and stable on the freeway.

as for revolver or double shackle set up, i hated them on my cherokee had tons of axle wrap and noise,

flat belly is a ton of work but a good pay off i did not do this to mine but im running chevy trans and t case and clocked my t case flat.

90 cherokee

Update: jumped it like 4-5 feet in the air today and broke my ifs. i think it would be easyer to sas it then tho try to fix/un bend what i did today.. so i wont have 4x4 untell i sas it, witch is just more motivation!!!

zukijames

lol i think everyone just beats there ifs tell it breaks to get motivated .. as for double shacklees , i had good luck on the zuk but i had a winch to suck the axle down to keep it from un loading .. and a traction bar is a must

90 cherokee

so im peeerty sure the sas will begin tonight and should (with any luck)be done saturday night! i plan on wheelin it on sunday :)

90 cherokee

ok so the solid axle swap is done, it was done sunday morning about 3-4 in the mornin and later went wheelin!!! here is some pics for ya
sas.jpg
sas2.jpg
sas3.jpg
sas4.jpg
sas5.jpg
wheelin012-1.jpg
wheelin011-1.jpg
wheelin021-1.jpg
wheelin016-1.jpg
wheelin017-1.jpg
wheelin014-1.jpg
wheelin015-1.jpg
wheelin013-1.jpg
wheelin018-1.jpg
wheelin019-1.jpg
wheelin020-1.jpg

mierdota

man i actually miss this truck i love the 4 runner but i like that truck especially now that it has the sas done lookin good man lets get on the exo soon im buying dom soon how much do you want?

mierdota

ha ha yeah except if i would have kept it it wouldnt have become that for a long time so its good he got it to make it better

90 cherokee

man i actually miss this truck i love the 4 runner but i like that truck especially now that it has the sas done lookin good man lets get on the exo soon im buying dom soon how much do you want?
the yotas got me broke or ide buy some, but get me a price on 1 3/4 120 wall!